Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mission Valley - Hotel Circle - Balboa Park) The Atwood

casperslc
By casperslc,
in

Hello again!

Please let me know if I submitted this in the wrong area. The site locked up on me when I tried to post under California

I am once again looking for a fabulous hotel while on a budget.  

I am going to San Diego on August 18 - 21.  I have stayed so many places, in San Diego, except for Mission Beach.  I have been searching your sites (and using your links) for both Hotwire and Priceline.  I think I am at the point where your knowledge will help me best.  

So... Mission beach area is great but way expensive.  I can stay in the immediate area and take an Uber to Sea World and the boardwalk but I would like to be as close as possible.  And... not too far from the airport.  I know there is hotel circle and that may be ok but something more fab may also be lovely. 

If it was a perfect world I would pay $100-125 a night but that is probably way too low.  Maybe 150 is a possibility?  If it was 150 then a walk to the beach would kick it!  Star levels are important but cleanliness and location are more important than amenities.  

Thanks in advance!  :) 

We're happy to try to help!:smile:

Thank you for providing the information above, i think i have a good handle on what you're seeking for this trip, and good that you're a bit flexible.

Some ideas from my initial search, and we can fine tune based upon your feedback should nothing above excite you at the onset:

Holiay Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld Beach Area for $108/nite

SeaWorld - Mission Bay

--> while i typically don't get too excited about a Holiday Inn Express, i included this one since the location seems to work well for your needs, it includes breakfast, and is within budget.  The last 2-3 reviews i read were not that favorable, but prior to that the reviews were very good.  I'm guessing the hotel may be limited staff during slow covid times and therefore has fallen short in some aspects (which should be improving now) and even the negative reviews indicated that the rooms were fine (it more so limited service)

The Atwood for $102/nite

Mission Valley - Hotel Circle - Balboa Park

--> note it's a Motel but i mention just because the price is low and gets good reviews for cleanliness, but for you to decide if this is something for you or not

Handelry Hotel for $107/nite

--> i don't know much about this property but i know it's been around for a long time.  A bit higher star rated than the Holiday Inn Express above, although 'cleanliness' is a bit lower rated but still pretty good (at 3.9/5.0)

Legacy Resort Hotel and Spa for $164/nite

--> a bit higher priced than the others, but also seems to be a big jump in star rating, reviews, quality, etc

Also seeing:

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Diego Airport - Old Town for $152/nite

--> might be good location for you, reviews look good

Best Western Hacienda Suites-Old Town for $166/nite (can take 5% off with our Priceline Coupon)

--> starting to push the budget but reviews are very good

Any of the above of interest (or your favorite one but what 'more' you would want from a hotel)?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

PS- if you could try again posting in the California section of the board (even just something that says 'test'), if you're successful i'll delete the test post, if not successful please send me a PM with the steps you took in trying to post (which links/forum or anything else that would allow us to try to replicate) so we can test on our end.  Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at all these properties and the Uber/taxi cost from SAN and to/from Sea World and Mission Beach.  Boy... Uber and hotels are making up for lost time in 2020.  Anyway here are my thoughts..

The Atwood actually looks cool.  If it was closer to the beach it would be perfect. I believe I just found it at 94 a night on Hotwire. That is great.

I found Holiday Inn Express - Beach area at 115

Holiday Inn Express Old Towne is not out of the running

I am leaning towards the Atwood or HIE-Beach but I am wondering if you have seen these properties pop up:  Cosmopolitan Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, and the Dana.  

Thank you!!

Glad to see the posting issue has been resolved.

I'm not seeing the Cosmopolitan or Dana offered for your dates thru either 'opaque' service.

If the Hilton Garden Inn you're referring to is the Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Old Town/Sea World Area in Old Town, i'm not seeing this one either thru the 'hidden hotel' side of their service, but PRICELINE does have it on the regular retail side of their service for $174 per night (confirm your dates on the landing page) and our Priceline Coupon for 5% off should work on this property as well, but not sure if this would be worth an extra ~$60/nite to you or not (vs the Altwood or Holiday Inn Express Beach)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will work well for your plans... we're happy to have been able to help.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the board HOTWIRE link for your searches/purchase.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]