Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London) The Parkcity London

OnTheGoAgain
By OnTheGoAgain,
in

To confirm, your trip is really for 6 nites (12/10-12/16) but you're willing to split into two separate purchases?

If the above is accurate is 12/10-12/14 and 12/14-12/16 the only way that you're willing to split, or would any combination of dates work? (ie- would 12/10-12/13 and 12/13-12/16 also be acceptable..... or 12/12-12/16)

Also, for your complete stay, HOTWIRE has what appears to be:
Russel Court Hotel  (mixed reviews) for $95/nite

Mercure London Kensington Hotel for $119/nite

==> would either of these be acceptable and cause you to lower your maximum bid price?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please confirm the information above and we'll take it from there.

PS- if you haven't bid on priceline in awhile note that they have been moving/hiding the bidding page, if you're having trouble locating it, we have set up the following site for quick and easy access to the bidding side of priceline: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sore sure $100 is going to do it (since the lower price is seen on HOTWIRE and you're currently bidding on priceline), but to give it a try:

When bidding 4 stars in the London area you have currently have SIX re-bid zones available.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Kensington, Mayfair
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

I would first try your complete set of dates, then if rejected try:

12/10-12/15

12/11-12/16

12/10-12/14

12/12-12/16

12/10-12/13

12/13-12/16

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

5 hours ago, OnTheGoAgain said:

I've never used Hotwire, but given there is 4* for $119, does that indicate i won't get it for much less?

With HOTWIRE there is no bidding... you pay the (discounted) price that the hotel is being offered at; it's just like PRICELINE EXPRESS (if you have used that side of Priceline's service)

The 'problem' is that you can't necessarily use the HOTWIRE rate to choose your bidding amount since:

1) the HOTWIRE hotel may not have the same star rating on PRICELINE

2) the HOTWIRE hotel may not be in the same zone on PRICELINE

3) the HOTWIRE hotel may not be available through PRICELINE

... few other 'in-depth' reasons too but the three above should be enough to explain some of the challenges.

So you can use the HOTWIRE price to determine a maximum bid (since any higher you might be better off just taking the HOTWIRE offer) but you can't necessarily rely on being able to undercut it by bidding.

As well, you probably wouldn't want to bid on Hotwire in this situation (even if they did offer this service) since you apparently like the Mercure better than the Russel Court, and since these are both 4 star hotels that are in the same zone, there would be no way to target the Mercure while avoiding the Russel Court.

However, also to add, i'm no longer seeing the Mercure offered when searching for your complete stay... although i am now seeing The Parkcity London (in the Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London zone) for $122/nite which gets good reviews should this also work for your needs.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

1 hour ago, OnTheGoAgain said:

or could be 1 of 3

Better to narrow the likely outcome down to 1 instead of 3:

1) Search using our BiddingHelper.com tool

2) in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab hover your mouse over the 'FIND MATCH in HOTEL LIST' button

3) the best guess for the hotel will be given at the top of the top of the box that opens (along with 'regular rate' hotel information for hotels of the same star rating in the zone as well as hotels that have previously been reported to the board in this zone)... this is a new feature that we are quite proud of (although being a Michigan fan the last few years we sometimes have to grasp at straws to find something to be proud of :biggrin: )

So the short answer is that the $122 for what appears to be the Parkcity London.

Also available (you can check using the same method as above or ask questions if you're unsure) which i don't think were offered yesterday when we had searched:

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington for $97/nite (reviews not as good as the Parkcity but i mention since it's about $25 cheaper)

or

4* HOTWIRE Westminster Bridge - London Eye - Vauxhall for $114
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
==> Marlin Aparthotel Waterloo

As well, for today only, there is a Hotwire Coupon for 10% off.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it worked out well and as expected (and that you like the new BiddingHelper.com feature!)... should be a very nice stay at this well reviewed hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

5 minutes ago, OnTheGoAgain said:

Sorry about your football team

The tide will continue to turn... at the beginning of every season my daughter has visions of grandeur and expects us to head to the playoffs which usually results in tears after our first loss, but i'm a bit more patient.:wink:

Have  a great trip and fun in London.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]