Priceline Hotel: Looking for help with one night close to the Beacon Theater NYC

marty1966
By marty1966,
in

First let me say that I just noticed that it has been 10 years nearly to the day that I first posted on this site!  It has been a while but I'm having a tough time with the theater district NYC.

My son and I are seeing a show at the Beacon on November 2nd and would like to stay somewhere close-ish to the theater, but would have no trouble being a reasonable Uber ride away.  It's been forever since we have been to New York City and holy shnikies, prices are ridiculous.  I have a cuz that can hook me up with Marriott friends and family and even his rates are in the 400's for anything in Manhattan.

SO I guess what I'm looking for is some help finding a 4* hotel within a couple of miles of the Beacon.  New Jersey and LI City are out, have done both and the back and fourth to the hotel is a bit of a pain.

Looking to try to keep it to $300 all in.  Maybe that puts me in a 3.5* and that's cool also.

Thank you all!

10 hours ago, marty1966 said:

it has been 10 years nearly to the day that I first posted on this site! 

Happy Anniversary!:wub:

10 hours ago, marty1966 said:

prices are ridiculous

The reason for prices being so high for this nite is that the NYC Marathon is on 11/3, so runners (and friends/family who cheer them on) from all over the world are in town for the event.  As there are parties/gathering/events for participants throughout the week leading up to Sunday, even those more local to the area stay a nite or two in the city in order to participate as well as to be 'fresh' for an early wake-up on Sunday.

The least expensive offers i'm seeing for your dates (so you can decide if the proximity to the Beacon is worth the savings or additional cost):

4* Empire State Building Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $241/nite with:
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> Park South Hotel

4* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $241/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==>  Yotel New York Times Square

4* HOTWIRE Lower East Side - East Village for $271
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Restaurant
==> citizenM New York Bowery

4* HOTWIRE Empire State Building - Bryant Park for $240
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
==>  St. Giles the Tuscany

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $280/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
==> Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza

Something above work for your needs, location, and budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

PS- we have made a lot of developments in the 10 years since you have joined the board, if you haven't seen or aren't using it, search with our BiddingHelper.com tool and each of the hotels above can be seen by hovering over the 'FIND MATCH in HOTEL LIST' button.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]