Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Omaha (Central Omaha) Holiday Inn Omaha Southwest

MissGingi
By MissGingi,
in

Have been watching and bidding for a few weeks.  Memorial weekend.  (typically hard to get a hotel as some baseball tournament is held there as well that weekend)

Was bidding Central and Downtown zones with an occasional rebid zone of airport.  

I did not see this hotel on your list of priceline hotels and the 6.9 review rating is making me nervous.  I thought priceline always gave you a hotel with 7 or above rating?  When did that change?

Today started at 60, added downtown and bid 62 and was accepted.  

$454 total, 3 nights, 2 rooms.

IF this is a decent hotel , this is a great deal.  If it sucks, well dang it.

Congratulations on your success!

This property used to be a Doubletree, we have updated the Omaha Priceline Hotel List to reflect the change in ownership.

The hotel gets good TA reviews and was recently renovated (maybe with the change in ownership?).  However, if you're not happy with this purchase you may have an 'out'... recent reports indicate that the pool has been temporarily closed.  Since the priceline bidding page indicates that a pool is a guaranteed amenity when bidding 3.5 stars in this zone, you could call the hotel to see/confirm if that pool is still closed; if so, call PRICELINE and inform them that you bid 3.5* in this area because it guaranteed you a pool but that the pool at this property has been closed for some time.

If you decide to pursue the above and are successful in getting the reservation canceled, ask the board for help in a replacement (understanding that it may cost you a bit more than the $62/nite you paid here, which seems like a decent deal given current prices) and we will try to help you find something that will be a better fit for your needs and more to your liking.

Also, if you bid on PRICELINE frequently i am sure you have found that they are consistently moving/hiding the bidding page, we have set up the follow site which you can bookmark now which provides quick and easy access to the bidding form: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... or if you try to get a cancellation/refund let us know how that goes and how we can help with a replacement hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]