NY NYC Waldorf Towers

missms
By missms,
in

Just spent a night at the Waldorf Towers (10/2, on priceline bid of $275 accepted, $250 rejected).

The hotel was not bad but 5* is a stretch. The room was in good condition but dated. All the high end hotels were much more expensive for that night but I would recommend bidding a much more reasonable sum on a similar quality 4* hotel.

• 1 year later...

I was told that the Waldorf Astoria and the Waldorf Towers are two different hotels, but they are in the same building, so I am a little confused! Anyway, we just got back from NYC and our 3 day stay at the Waldorf. We paid 140 dollars a night and it was worth EVERY cent. We arrived for check in and asked the guy for a room on a high floor. He did not mention Priceline at all and gave us a room on the 40th floor in The Waldorf Tower. It is a whole different set of elevators from the Astoria to access the Tower. Great room with a good view. Down comforter on the bed. Great toiletries and bathroom. Certainly a 4 star property. NIghtly turn down service, great housekeeping service. EXPENSIVE mini bar. Buy water at one of the countless deli's around the place. In room coffee, but there is a Starbucks right out side. Great concierge, reccommended a Steakhouse on 54th between Lexington and Park called Bobby Van's. THE BEST PIECE OF MEAT I HAVE EVER HAD!!! Was pricey, but two people can share one filet. I am not kidding, it is like 16 ounces! HUGE! The lobby was beautiful. They are clear on the website about 'no tank tops, flip flops etc allowed while lounging in the lobby' but all I saw were people sitting on the couches in tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Not sure why, maybe they weren't enforcing the rule since it was so hot outside. Our friends saw Angelina Jolie going through the lobby while waiting for us to come down. And on another day there was some other guy who everyone was trying to get pictures of. So apparantly, the Waldorf is still a pretty great place to stay for celebrities and such. We went and had drinks at the W on Lexington. A very trendy bar with great ambience, but then again, it is the W! Try the Key Lime Pie Martini, really tastes EXACTLY like key lime pie!

What else can I say? Just a personal piece of advice, if you can avoid going to New York City in August, it is a good idea. It was BRUTALLY hot. Sweltering. And that comes from someone from Texas. October is a MUCH more pleasant experience, especially since so much of enjoying the city is walking the streets of Manhatten!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]