Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Intl. Drive South - Sea World) Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/orlando

johnny england
By johnny england,
in

Hi folks i am considering bidding on priceline hotel website and i am looking for a 4 star hotel in the universal or international drive area from march 15 to 22nd as me and the wife are then flying to dominican republic for 6 days,i have never bid before so i am asking what is the average winning bid and also any help would be very grateful thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First, note that PRICELINE continues to move/hide the bidding form, so we have set up the following page for easy access: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Just like hotel prices, the amount needed for a winning bid will change from one check-in date to the next based upon supply/demand.

There are multiple zones with 'Universal' and 'International Drive' in their name, please confirm which zone(s) it is that you're willing to accept and we will give you an idea of how much it will likely take for a 4 star hotel (and then suggest a bidding strategy to follow).  Are all of the following acceptable?

Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World

Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando

Intl. Drive South - Sea World

Universal Orlando Area - Intl. Drive North

Universal Orlando Resort Area

Please confirm which of the zones above are acceptable and we will take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If all 5 of those zones are acceptable, you're likely looking at about $80/nite or less.

Is this an acceptable amount for you to use as a maximum bid?

Let us know and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the 5 zones above i would bid as follows:

Select 4* Convention Center and Pointe Orlando
Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Sea World and I-Drive North
Select 4* Sea World and Universal Resort

Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, Sea World
Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Sea World, I-Drive North, Universal Resort
Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, I-Drive North
Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Pointe Orlando, Sea World, Universal Resort
Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, Universal Resort
Bid $68, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Convention Center, Sea World, I-Drive North
Bid $68, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center, I-Drive North, Universal Resort
Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Pointe Orlando, Sea World, I-Drive North
Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Pointe Orlando, I-Drive North, Universal Resort
Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Convention Center, Sea World, Universal Resort
Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, Sea World, I-Drive North
Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, Sea World, Universal Resort
Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, I-Drive North, Universal Resort
Bid $78, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* Convention Center, Sea World, I-Drive North, Universal Resort
Bid $78, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center, Pointe Orlando, Sea World, I-Drive North, Universal Resort
Bid $80

Please start all of your bids with the bidding form page we have set-up at BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

EDIT TO ADD: if you didn't feel like bidding and would like a bit more control over the hotel you are likely to receive, this seems like a good deal as well, imo:

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $90/nite with:
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando is my best guess here

thank you very much to take the time to help in my search,being as a first timer looking at bidding for a hotel room i am quite wary of the prospect of the bidding system,here in the uk  very little is known about it,but your advice on the hotel after looks very good indeed,checked on booking.com and the price was £1195 for 7 nights,but when i press on your link to the hotel my dates are wrong how do i change please from 15 march 2019 to 22nd march 2019 and do you know of any other good deals to compare with and what would be the difference if looking for 5* in my search.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $112
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando. The price is unfortunately somewhat higher for 3/15-22 ($112) vs searching for 3/15-21 ($90).

A 5* would be significantly higher (probably $225-250+) What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Sorry i was one day short when previously researching your stay.  Unfortunately, as AaronJB pointed out this last nite is quite expensive (nearly $300/nite if booked direct and is going to increase rates for this trip.

One option is to book the first 6 nites using the previous link above:

On 1/4/2019 at 6:20 PM, thereuare said:

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $90/nite with:
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando is my best guess here

... and then book the last nite using the following for March 21-22:

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $145/nite with:
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> looks identical to the above and would believe this too also be the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando

If my math is correct this gives you an average rate of $98/nite which would be better than the $112/nite if booking the complete stay in one transaction (with just a slight risk that this last nite is a different property than the previous one above, although i don't think that is the case)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take the route above, and we'll take it from there.

7 hours ago, johnny england said:

I have recently checked on priceline express deals again and noticed a 4* for $85 pn

Are you referring to just the last nite of March 21-22, as i'm seeing the following when searching for this solo nite (and i'm not seeing any 4 star hotel for $85 when searching for your complete stay):

4* Universal Orlando Resort Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $85/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Doubletree Hotel At The Entrance To Universal is my best guess for this one

However, you need to weigh if it's worth the $60 savings to have to change hotels the last nite of your trip (to some it's easily worth it, to others not so much).

6 hours ago, johnny england said:

i am also looking for a good deal for 1 night in miami on 27th march if you can help thanks

Please start a NEW TOPIC for this different trip so that we can first get Orlando resolved, as well as not complicate things by having two different trips in the same thread.

Hi the $85 pn was for all my duration tbh and was only asking if it as i thought it would be the Doubletree but i was not certain,after a lot of searching i think i am going for the Sheraton Vistana my only question is on your 2 separate links 1 has a list of rooms to choose and the does not so would we be in the same room for the last night and also how do i add 5% off Priceline Coupon many thanks

If you have two separate reservations you let the check-in clerk know that you have a second reservation and ask if they can merge your reservations or block the room for the additional nite.  Usually their systems allow it and you don't need to do anything further, sometimes you have to show up at the front desk on 'switch' day just to have them officially check you out of the room and then officially check you back in.  It's rare that a hotel will make you change rooms, but it can happen from time to time (it's actually better for the hotel if you can stay in the same room since housekeeping then only has to do a 'clean-up' of the room rather than a more time consuming change of occupancy).

At the check-out page there is a link 'add promo code' where you can input our BB coupon.

Very pleased to get this deal as i usually book with booking.com as a lot of europeans do and this saved me 50% on the price

8 hours ago, thereuare said:

4* Universal Orlando Resort Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $84/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> still believed to be the Doubletree Hotel at The Entrance To Universal

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]