Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

mattchance
By mattchance,
in

Looking to book trip to NY 7/17-21 with no strong location preferences other than safe, accessible to M, and walkable. 2 adults and 2 children under 12.  Trying to keep nightly budget under $250 including taxes.  Interested in your recommendations but am seeing several HOTWIRE deals (unfortunately not that Omni for $123) including on for a 4* in Gramercy/Union Sq for $190/nt.  Says new to Hotwire, free internet, boutique, self serve laundry, fitness, business ctr, etc.

Would love your thoughts/recommendations.  Have occasionally used your site forever.

Please start by following-up your previous New York City Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

9 hours ago, mattchance said:

accessible to M

I assume you mean the metro (in nyc it's typically called the subway)... or did you specifically mean the 'M line', or one of the museums?

9 hours ago, mattchance said:

Says new to Hotwire, free internet, boutique, self serve laundry, fitness, business ctr, etc.

Please list the full amenity set associated with the property using our BiddingHelper.com tool and then clicking the GREEN "See Full Amenities' button in the EASY VIEW tab.  This helps make it easier for us to locate the same property among the offers, as well as ensures we're researching the correct offer since some properties can differ from others by just one amenity.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My apologies for not closing out my post for last year.  I just added a summary closing statement.

M=subway.  We expect to be mobile and using the subway often.

Amenities = 

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible

the 'Which hotel?' button from the BiddingHelper.com Easy View thinks it’s Park South Hotel

For this HOTWIRE hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Gramercy - Union Square for $190.00
Boutique
Restaurant
Fitness
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
Business
Laundry
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> i'd agree with the guess of the Park South Hotel

If you could stretch your budget another $20/nite over the one above i like this property:

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $209.18
Restaurant
Fitness
Smoke Free
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
Business
Bathroom Accessible
Pet Friendly
==> my guess here would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan which is a fairly new property that has been getting great reviews and is currently within the top 20 reviewed hotels in the city.  It's an easy 10 minute walk to Times Square as well as 2 blocks from Penn Station for easy subway access.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for confirming Park South.

Don’t really love that area around MSG...seems less safe.  But you’re right about the reviews of that hotel...no one seems to mind the area and just great review after great review.  Will ponder a bit and will post a final decision regardless.

1 hour ago, mattchance said:

Will ponder a bit

... keep in mind that the current offer(s) could disappear at any time.

I'd have no problem staying in this area and would actually seek out an opportunity to stay at this property.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this extremely well reviewed property and it was the hotel you were hoping for.

I will add that this is a good (although usually crowded) place for breakfast nearby your hotel:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (north side of 35th St between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

==> if you can't get one of the few seats inside you can take your breakfast towards Broadway and try to great a table on the street in front of Macy's or continue further north to Times Square and sit on the bleachers behind the TKTS Booth... both are great locations to people watch while you dine 'al fresco' with a view nowhere else in teh world

Thank you for sharing using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]