Hotwire Hotel: 3.5 star NYC Times Square help: 3/11-3/20

mattchance
By mattchance,
in

How many rooms/adults/children will you be? (and you are including the actual number of adults/children in your search, as this will often change the offers and/or prices, especially in NYC)

Also, please use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com for all your searches, then use the GREEN 'See All Amenities' next to each listing to copy/paste the details into your post, as this will ensure that the text and format are correct and easiest for us to read.

Please confirm the occupancy criteria for your search and we will have a look at the offer above (is it in the Times Square South or Times Square North zone) as well as other options... are you willing to stay in an area other than TImes Square that is still considered to be centrally located, or are you only willing to accept Times Square?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about the lack of detail:

1 room: 2 adults and 2 children (10&6) and I have included those criteria in the search

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, internet access

Times Square South.  Open to other locations but want to be near Theatre district.

from what I can tell, this looks to be the Belvedere.

thanks again for the help and guidance...love your site!

Thanks for the compliments on the site... we're glad to hear that you enjoy it and find it useful. :smile:

3.5* Times Square South for $141.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square

Does this work for your needs?  If not, what would be your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 hours ago, mattchance said:

value near theatres

How many times during your 9 nite stay do you plan on going to the theater?

How about this HOTWIRE offer:

4* Empire State Building for $165.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> best guess would be the Affinia Shelburne or the Affinia Dumont... both of which get very good reviews

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you decide to take this offer) and we'll go from there.

NYC is very dense, but also geographically large (as far as cities go), so you will not find one location that is close to everything... as things are spread out, but at the same time, there is almost a LOT to do in the immediate area that you're staying.

The best gameplan for NYC is to be centrally located and ideally near a subway station (the more stations and/or lines the better) as the objective is to be able to get places easily... not necessarily be near everything that you want to do (since as per above, given the size of NYC, it's just not possible). 

Even if you're at the theater 4-5 nites, you will also likely be traveling many other places that aren't necessarily right by the theater... you simply want to be close to the theater, but don't necessarily need to be right next to it either.  Some nites you may be elsewhere and heading to the theater from a location other than by your hotel... and some nites you may want to head out for dessert / cake / coffee (i don't say drinks since you're traveling with children :wink:) after the theater; so remember that you won't always be starting / ending at your hotel room immediately before/after the theater.

The location of the guessed ESB properties above are not the most ideal for the theater (although certainly not terrible... about a 25 minute walk or about a  $12-$14 taxi/uber ride)... but it is a good location for the city (especially with small kids, as it's convenient to the subway but also less congested that you aren't shoulder-to-shoulder with a sidewalk full of people like you could potentially be in Times Square) and provides a better value than any of the current Times Square offers i'm currently seeing (so it hits the mark on those aspects of your stay)... and rooms at Affinia properties tend to be larger than the average NYC hotel room (most Affinia properties were previously apartment buildings that they buy, renovate, and then operate as hotels)

I'm very familiar with NYC so feel free to ask any questions that you have.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: see my next reply below as i think it may have an even better option

One more suggestion:

Thru this link you can book the INNSIDE New York NoMad Hotel for $207/nite.

Rooms are smaller than the average Affinia rooms above (but you're going to get that at most places in NYC) but this property also gets GREAT reviews.

It's about a 15 minute walk to the theater district OR if the weather is bad (or the kids don't feel like walking) you can easily get on the subway 2 blocks away and have in the theatre district in 5 minutes (or probably $7-$10 taxi/uber)

Does this one work for your family?

EDIT TO ADD: in clicking thru i see they have an extra guest fee of $60 ($30 each kid) which is not included in the room rate above, which may put you over your budget.  However, i believe this is the same offer thru HOTWIRE's 'opaque' service:

4.5* Chelsea for $219.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> a little over your budget, but still one to seriously consider, imo, as i think it may give you everything you want

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]