Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt Century Plaza

asda
By asda,
in

Hi,

i am not familiar with LA but as a result of its location (friend is flying in from across the pacific!) we decided to meet up at LA in midmarch (12-16). I am looking for a place that would be fairly nice to hang around (ie outside the hotel) and walk around, lunch and dine out, and maybe check out some neighboring places ( i hear the ucla campus is nice). I plan to rent a car for the time there so i may even drive out of LA for a day but the remaining time i plan to be in town. given the number of areas that priceline has, i was wondering what areas would be reasonable. I am planning to book two rooms for 4 nights. Looking for 2.5-3 star, under a 100/night. Ive been told beverly hills, westwood, west hollywood, santa monica are some places i should look for. Ofcourse some of these areas are probably pretty pricy. We could stay near the airport, but wasnt sure how safe that place was and if it would put us at an inconvenience to find things to do even with a car. Hotwire areas are a little different but probably similar overall.

thanks in advance

asda

I recommended that you consider the area south of LAX ( El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach). Manhattan Beach is a really nice area to walk around and you can get great seafood at Redondo Beach. If you go north of LAX you will that most hotels will charge for parking, which is a hidden charge when you bid at priceline and hotwire. Unless you are near the beach, most hotels do not charge for parking in Manhattan or Redondo Beach. Plenty of 2.5 - 3 star hotels in the area such as Summerfield Suites and Residence Inn. Good luck.

thanks. I will look into that. The santa monica area does sounds great. Ofcourse with priceline it may be hard to know where in that area i may land up with but as well as its safe im fine. I was told to keep away from holywood as parts of it are not safe and also downtown LA as theres not much to do there.

thanks,

asda

hi,

ive been looking at beverly hills, santamonica and manhattan beach areas for a 4 day stay for two rooms. I came across a discount for a stay at the beverly hills plaza hotel on wilshire drive for 97 thru travelzoo. Its features seem pretty good with all suites, fitness, pool, and located not far from ucla campus but with a 15$ parking (i guess the entire area has that problem). In comparison on hotwire a 2.5* room with breakfast, pool and room is at 89 ( i couldnt locate a 2.5 on the hotwire list in beverly hills so im not sure what hotel this is) and a 3* at 125 (breakfast, pool and fitness). Since the beverly hills plaza hotel for 97 isnt on priceline or hotwire win lists, im not sure how it compares with these. on Orbitz they surprisingly only list it under 2* despite its stated amenities.

Any ideas or comments about it and in comparison to other hotels in the same area? Am i better off with it rather than the hotwire choices?

thanks,

asda

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

HERE are some reviews of the Beverly Hills Plaza hotel... looks like a "love it or hate it" situation.

If you post the amenities of the 2.5* we may be able to figure out that property and the 3*, then we'll be able to better advise which is the better deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks. I had a suspicion u would wonder why i posted in a diff group..it was because when i first started i posted in the priceline group regarding the bids there. Subsequently, i wanted to talk about the hotwire availabilities and thus left a message there ( as there are different threads for priceline and hotwire LA). I wasnt sure if i should maintain a similar thread or move to hotwire...and i did the latter.

thanks for the links.

As far as the hotels on hotwire, as i had mentioned within parethesis in my previous post, the 2.5* has breakfast, pool while the 3* offers breakfast, pool and fitness. The 3* may refer to the carlyle (though on the list, pool is not mentioned). there is no 2.5* listed on the hotwire winning hotels in beverly hills.

asda

Sorry, missed the amenities associated with the 2.5* in the first read-thru.

Can you double check to see if both of the above are still offered for your dates? (in the Beverly Hills zone, correct?) I just did a search for your dates (2 rooms) and come up with a 3* showing Restaurant, Pool, Fitness and a 2.5* showing Breakfast, Pool, Intenet... both different than what you mention above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks,

u are right about the offers presently. Sorry, as far as the 3*, i may have mixed up breakfast for restaurant (in addition to pool and fitness) and presently for the 2.5* (for 89 ) does have breakfast, pool and internet like u said.

i was looking and there is a courtyard marriot in a priceline win listed as a 2.5*. However it doesnt offer free breakfast while the residence inn beverly hills does. I wonder if this is the same one offered here thru hotwire. There are more than one 3* on priceline listed as wins but i am wondering if this refers to the hyatt?

ofcourse i still dont know if either of these are any better than the b v plaza hotel that i have for 97

thanks again

asda

hi there,

actually the amenities were what i mentioned in the past message, maybe my message wording has been confusing. But thanks for all your prompt replies. Anyway i wanted to let u and other members know that I successfully bid for a 4* in beverly hills for 105 (on priceline) and landed with the hyatt century plaza. Hope its good :-) i was hoping for the hilton but i hear this is good too. It was a little more than what i initially aimed for but hopefully should be worth the extra 100 (two rooms for 4 nights). BTW I started with 100, got a counter offer, used a rebid and upped to 105.

asda

Hi Asda,

You may find this link useful. It relates to the shopping mall/entertainment complex just round the corner (walking distance).

http://westfield.com/centurycity/

We stayed at the Park Hyatt just up the street, slighty further away from the mall. Quiet location (it was at the weekend).

Like you we had previously booked the BW Plaza but decided to treat ourselves. Booked PH conventionally but received discounted 2nd room for kids.

Highly recommend Santa Barbara for your day out. We had a great day there. Preferred it to the beach towns to the south.

Blueskies

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]