PL Car rentals - wait 7 fulls days or wait 7 more!

dc3
By dc3,
in

If your bid is rejected and you try to bid again with the same dates and car type, you must wait seven days. If you wait less, the bid is allowed but then rejected for being too soon. Then PL starts counting your new lockout from the date of the bid that was rejected because it was too early. This is very weird. I have asked PL and they confirm this. They are looking into blocking a bid that is in a lockout as they do with hotels. Otherwise, you waste bids and have a longer lockout. So be careful - always wait a week before re-bidding. In addition, you should note the offer you get for a car rental with a successful hotel bid is a lot better than just doing the purchase directly from PL - and you can choose different dates for the rental than for the hotel.

• 3 months later...

Car rental question after reading last post. Are you saying that if I book hotel and car together through priceline bidding I'll get a better rate than separately? (I've always bid hotels first then cars. I didnt' know you could bid a package.) I've never trusted packages. Everytime I've priced them at Expedia or Travelocity"]Travelocity I could always do better on my own separately. Please clarify. :)

This user is refering the 'lock-out' period between bids.... this has nothing to do with packages.

If you make a bid and it is rejected you have to wait a period of time (7 days when the original post was made) before you can bid again.

However, since this was posted the lock-out period for Priceline Car Rental Bids has been reduced to 3 days.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In addition, you should note the offer you get for a car rental with a successful hotel bid is a lot better than just doing the purchase directly from PL - and you can choose different dates for the rental than for the hotel.

Sorry I didn't clarify my own questions. I was asking about the comment I quoted about from the post above your. Can you bid on hotel and car at the same time and get "package bids"?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]