Hotwire Hotel: 5* San Diego Del Mar (Rancho Santa Fe)

padgettj7
By padgettj7,
in

Star Rating - 5

City - San Diego / Del Mar

Zone - Rancho Santa Fe

Travel Dates - 11/24 - 11/26

Room Rate - $390 discounted, $688 original price 

Complimentary - Free Internet

Amenities - Business center, Fitness center, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Resort, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

I looked at the 5 star hotels on expedia, tripadvisor, and hotwire and the only hotel that is listed at a full price similar to $688 is Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa. I looked at the list of hotels that betterbidding says appear on hotwire, and the only 5 star hotel that is listed in the area is L'auberge del mar. However, if I go to expedia and look at the same dates and the price, the total price is lower than what hotwire is asking for. Does hotwire inflate prices at times to the point where they are higher than the actual prices of the hotel on other websites? I would assume it is L'auberge del mar because that hotel also has complimentary free internet, whereas Rancho Valencia Resort has free internet and free parking. Is it possible to identify the hotel I am asking about?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

I'm seeing:

5* Del Mar - Rancho Santa Fe for $390.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  A guess would be the Fairmont Grand Del Mar. The HOTWIRE retail price is not the retail price of the underlying hotel but an average of comparable hotels for your dates.

Would this potential property be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]