Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (City Line) Holiday Inn City Line

rynodaddyo
By rynodaddyo,
in

I need 1 room for 3 nights in the Downtown Zone of Philadelphia. Would like a 4* hotel, but realisticly can only afford a 3* hotel. I would like to stay under $100 a night (after fees and taxes).

If I was to bid on a 4* hotel I could bid the downtown zone, and I would have 6 rebids. If I was to bid on a 3* hotel I would have 2 rebids.

Past history has shown that the 4* hotel is the Hyatt Regency Penn Landing. It has awarded bids for right around $77. The 3* hotel that comes up the most is the Marriott, Wyndham Franklin, and Hilton Garden Inn. They seem to be the winning bids between $46 anf $55. Any of these hotels would work for me because of access to public transportation, location, and the price paid for them.

Any suggestions or strategies on how this might be accomplished. Thank you.

Please post your limits pre-tax and pre-fees... it avoids any confusion and prevents us from having to try to figure out tax rates and fees for each city.

With that said, i don't know if you're actually out of 4* range, but the question would be if you'd get better value for your dollars at the 3* level.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about any confusion I may have caused. $88 is the maximum amount I would like to bid, but it is not absolutely set in stone. I would prefer to have value for my money. I think that we would only use the hotel to sleep, and may not take advantage of the ammenities that the hotel has to offer.

Going through the savingsbarn.com link using priceline-

Holiday Inn Philadelphia City Line 3*

Check-In Date: Saturday, July 22, 2006

Check-Out Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2006

City Line

4100 Presidential Boulevard

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19131

215-477-0200

Your Offer Price: $61.00

Extend Your Stay

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $183.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$34.91

Total Charges: $217.91

Man did I ever screw up here and learn a lesson. I did not realize that if you bid for a 2.5* hotel, and rebid a zone that doesn't have a 2.5*, that they could and would upgrade you to a 3* hotel in that zone. City Line does not have a 2.5* hotel and when I used it to rebid for a 2.5* hotel downtown it gave me a 3* in the City Line Zone. Fortunately for me a bus runs in front of my hotel and can get me downtown without any problems.

Here is how I bid and rebid-

4* Downtown Zone

bid and rebid up to $77......rejected

bid and rebid up to $83......rejected

bid and rebid up to $86......rejected

bid and rebid up to $89......rejected

3* Downtown Zone

bid and rebid up to $70......rejected

bid and rebid up to $77......rejected

bid and rebid up to $82......rejected

bid and rebid up to $86......rejected

2.5* Downtown Zone

bid and rebid up to $50......rejected

bid and rebid up to $55......rejected

bid and rebid up to $60......rejected

bid..........................$61......accepted in City Line Zone for 3* hotel

Live and learn.....it should work out.

Thanks

This is basically on the edge of the City of Phila., across the street is another county. Not all is lost, however, there is public transportation along City Avenue, but it has been awhile since I had taken this bus route. I would call the hotel and ask for information about public transportation into the city. You are also not too far from a train station, closer to the St. Joseph's University campus, that goes into the city. The hotel shuttle bus might be available to take you to this station. Go to www.septa.org and download the bus schedules and routes that are within walking distance after speaking to the hotel. This property is not all that far from the Amtrak 30th Street station, a short cab ride away. Again, call the hotel and ask for advice as to the best means of transportation from 30th st station. Don't forget, you also have the option of the China Bus from DC to Philly, this will be much cheaper than using Amtrak.

Also, just ask for bidding advice, that is what this board is for :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]