Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment and Financial Districts) Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

blkjck1
By blkjck1,
in

I looked on Hotwire to find a listing with amenity set: Business centre, Fitness centre, Indoor pool(s), Internet access, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms and conformed to this hotel for CAD$135.22 / USD$105  (all-in CAD $170.28).  On Priceline Express, a listing with the amenity set of :Pets Allowed, Business Centre, Restaurant, Free Internet,  Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center,  No Smoking Rooms/Facilities (Pet $50 Cleaning fee and 40 KG maximum weight)  was offered for CAD$139 (all-in $171.90).  Figuring I had the hotel I had already booked using 30,000 Marriott points because of the $500/night charge at the time, I decided to try using the Name Your Own Price feature since I had a ceiling price, and wanted to see if I could get to the floor price using up my rebid zones.

As a Canadian resident, I started the bidding at CAD$100.  Using my rebid zones, I went up by $5 increments, and then I started at $2 increments after $115.  I was hit at $121.

Offer Price: CAD 121.00/night

Room Subtotal:  CAD 121.00

Taxes & Fees:  CAD 27.15

Total Charged: CAD $148.15

Best price on the Marriott's website for this stay was CAD $460/night (all-in $533.60) for savings of 72.23%.  Using the Name Your Own Price feature instead of using Hotwire, I saved another CAD$22 (enough for a good meal or towards the cost of the Blue Jays game that afternoon), and got back my Marriott points.  

Booked through the site's PRICELINE link.

Proud to be Canadian!

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]