Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Maui Island (Kahului) Courtyard by Marriott Kahului Airport

lynn24
By lynn24,
in

Hello!  I'm looking for help booking hotels for a trip to Hawaii that is taking place August 8 - August 18, 2017.

I'm currently looking at Maui for Aug 8 - Aug 13.

Then probably Oahu/Honolulu for Aug 13 - Aug 18.

The changeover date is currently flexible... I have it split down the middle (5 days and 5 days), but I'm not sure if between the two more days should be spent at one or the other?

Also, currently looking at Priceline Bidding for a 4*, but is 3* or 3.5* considerably better value/affordable?  I know it's not entirely low season (knowing Christmas is high-high season), but prices do seem a little steeper than I was hoping for.

Thanks in advance!

We will use this thread for the first leg of your trip, please start a NEW TOPIC for the second leg.  This allows for the topic title of each to be used to reflect what you ultimately decide to do for each trip, so that others can then find the threads when searching the topic titles on the board, as well as each to have a link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

For Maui, what were you expecting to pay for a 4* hotel?  Which zone(s) are acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To be honest, I don't know too much about Maui, but first preference goes to a hotel rather than a condo accommodation.  I would like to stay somewhere rather central/convenient, but being able to stay within budget is important to me.

I think I would like to stay in the Kahului/Kihei/Wailea-Makena zones... but if any of the Ka'anapali zones turn up much cheaper, I would consider it (unless it's considered really far away from things to do?)

I'm seeing 4* currently going for $250USD+!  I think my inital hopes would be unreasonable... Would it be unreasonable to hope for a 3* hotel (not condo) within the $120USD or lower range?

What are your plans to see/do while in Maui... as Kaanapali is probably one of the most frequently purchased areas in this region.  Why do you think it would not be convenient for your plans?

What is it about a Condo (vs. a hotel room) that you find unappealing? (as there may be workarounds or maybe we find a condo that doesn't have any of the aspects that you're hoping to avoid)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think overall, I'm just a little hesitant about condo-style accomodations as I've read some mixed reviews about people staying in condos that were not as well maintained... but if given a decent, clean condo, I'd be OK with it.

Hoping to take advantage of a 10% off coupon I got in my email... I see these Priceline Express deals right now... any ideas?

($96USD/$126CDN) 3.5* Condo - North Ka'anapali - Lahaina (Honokowai)
Good (7+) Rating, 40 verified guest reviews

Hotel Amenities
 Free Parking
 Business Center
 Free Internet
 Indoor or Outdoor Pool
 Condo
 Fitness Center

($136USD/$179CDN) 3* Hotel - Kihei (Kihei)
Very Good (8+) Rating, 400 verified guest reviews

Hotel Amenities:
 Free Internet
 Indoor or Outdoor Pool
 No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

The 3.5* condo is right in the price range that I was hoping for, but the 3* hotel seems like a safe bet...  Curious to know your thoughts?  Based on the number of reviews I imagine the 3* Hotel is "Aston At The Maui Banyan".  I'm having trouble deciphering the 3.5* condo, but is "Kahana Falls Resort"  a condo?  Thanks in advance!

Best guess/comments for each of the following (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3.5* North Ka'anapali - Lahaina for $96
Free Parking
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Condo
Fitness Center
==> Kahana Falls Resort

I'm not seeing the 3* Kihei property on a current search.

If you do use the coupon you received in the email please get the code and then return to BetterBidding and click our PRICELINE EXPRESS here to begin your purchase.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

I just checked and see it.  If it helps, I ran a search using OGG airport and it comes up at $137USD.

Is Lahaina still a reasonable distance/convenient location from things to do in Maui?  The Kihei accomodations seem to have a higher rating and more reviews, but the Lahaina accomodations price point is more within my budget...

Thank you!

I see the Kihei property now (confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided below):

3* Kihei for $137
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Aston At The Maui Banyan is my guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

After lots of back and forth searching, I saw a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $170 for a 3.5* hotel in the Kahului (OGG) Airport area.  The only hotel available through regular searching was the "Courtyard By Marriott Kahului Airport", so I had a feeling this is what I was bidding for.

I had an extra discount from a recent PL stay, so I used that on the purchase...  Not sure if the original price should be reflected in the reported win, but it was $170 - 15% ($25.50) = $144.50USD/night.

When on the confirmation page, the amenities just say:

Amenities:

But on the search window that lists various hotels, this is what the amenities hover-over looks like:

Free Internet

Bed Choice

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

Restaurant

Swimming Pool

Overall, pretty pleased with the purchase.  Happy that it's a name-brand chain, reasonably priced, centrally-located (it's not beachfront, but beaches are a reasonable drive away since it's so central).  Apparently it's a fairly new hotel with Costco right behind it.  Parking is $10/night, but there are no listed resort fees and I'm hoping to make use of the airport shuttle and pick up the car rental the following morning (and forgo the first night of parking since I likely will want time to unwind the night before).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]