Hotwire Hotel: Help finding Hotel in NYC

jade miyuzaki
By jade miyuzaki,
in

Hi there u are :) following the success of my hotel find through you guys last week, now I feel like a pro and been asked to help my sister in law who is already in New York this week unfortunately she ran into problem in the hotel she booked they only have 2 double bed so now They are looking into moving to another hotel for the 14/4/17 to 19/4/17 their budget not to exceed $300  a night preferably 4*:biggrin: if its possible, They would like to stay around central park area. Oh one more things they would like to have 2 queen bed :) thanks 

Hi can someone help me ID this hotel? Hotwire .... 

5* hotel central park south $401 

free internet

pet friendly

boutique hotel

airport shuttle

smoke free room

fitness

restaurant

business centre 

self service laundry?

When I choose the bed type is it safe to assumed the 1 king bed come also with a sofa bed? because you cant really fit 2 kids and 2 adult just in the king bed :) I did put 2 adult and 2 kids on search button... the 3 * hotel below come with that option

3* hotel central park south $213 

boutique hotel

business centre 

internet acces

restaurant 

Thanks kindly :)

3 hours ago, jade miyuzaki said:

been asked to help my sister in law

If she will be making the purchase on her own, please ask here to stop by the board and click the links here to begin her purchase (the logos in the QUICK SEARCH box at the top left of the page are click-able and will take here directly to the respective website)

Neither of the hotels above seem to meet the criteria you set out for her needs... the 5* is well over budget and the 3* is well below her desired star rating, so why these properties?

What does seem to match her needs...

Not sure just how close to Central Park she needs to be but this HOTWIRE offer (searching 2adults/2children):

4* HOTWIRE Empire State Building for $210.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Spa
==> best guess would be the Affinia Dumont and a room with 2Queen beds is offered for this price (note that HERE they are showing only 1 room left so if this is of interest she should try to act quickly).  This hotel is not that close to Central Park, but it's about 4 blocks from Grand Central which can quickly/easily have her close to Central Park if/when she wants to get there (keep in mind that all trips to Central Park won't start from the hotel, will likely be out sightseeing and then decide to go to Central Park from wherever she is in the city at that point in time, so probably not vital that she is that close to the park)

4* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $265.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Bathroom Accessible
==> Kimberly Hotel would be my best guess for this one, and this all-suite (as indicated by HOTWIRE) property offers a King Bed for this price.  HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search, so in an instance such as this where you searched for more than double occupancy, choosing the King bed option would likely either have a pullout sofabed or a rollaway brought into the room.  Assuming we are right on this hotel guess, it would be about a 15 minute walk to the entrance of Central Park (or two subway stations nearby as well)

Do either of the above work for her needs? (and please remember to stop by the board (or even this thread) and use the HOTWIRE link here for her purchase)

Let us know know you/she decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3 hours ago, jade miyuzaki said:

Hi there u are :) following the success of my hotel find through you guys last week, now I feel like a pro and been asked to help my sister in law who is already in New York this week unfortunately she ran into problem in the hotel she booked they only have 2 double bed so now They are looking into moving to another hotel for the 14/4/17 to 19/4/17 their budget not to exceed $300  a night preferably 4*:biggrin: if its possible, They would like to stay around central park area. Oh one more things they would like to have 2 queen bed :) thanks 

I already told her about the coupon and the link :) I will tell her about your amazing finding but can you also help me identify those two hotel? Thank you

The 5* likely has more amenities... to see them all she will need to search using our BiddingHelper.com tool, look in the EASY VIEW tab, and click the GREEN Full Amenities button... but this tab/link doesn't give a bed choice, so she would then need to match the details in the 'regular' hotwire tab in order to make her purchase for the desired bed choice.

5* Central Park South for $400.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List matches previous reports for the Loews Regency

My guess for the 3* would be the Wellington and i don't think she will be happy there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

5* HOTWIRE Upper East Side for $343.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> The Surrey Hotel would be my guess for this one

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]