Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Monterey - Carmel (Monterey) InterContinental The Clement

Jesuisjenny9
By Jesuisjenny9,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you see:

4.5* Monterey - Cannery Row - Aquarium for $268.00
Resort
Oceanfront
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Monterey Clement.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I also had another question regarding the bed types. I saw an option for " 2 twin beds, double beds, and "hotel chooses bed type". I did not see an option for a single king bed. Is it possible that if i were to choose hotel chooses bed type i would not be able to get a king bed? I saw no option for it. 

Are you searching using the EASY VIEW tab at BiddingHelper.com and using the GREEN 'Full Amenities Click Here' button next to the listing?

Once you confirm that you're looking at the same listing, if you want to choose Bed Type you will need to use the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab in BiddingHelper.com.... currently the property above is priced at $286/nite, but in the 'regular' hotwire tab where you can choose the Bed Type, it's $293/nite for a King bedded room.

Not all properties offer a Bed Choice, and when no option is given, the following applies:

HOTWIRE - room will accommodate everyone you include in your search.  When searching for more than double occupancy this often means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.

PRICELINE - all rooms accommodate double occupancy

Not sure of your needs or budget for this stay, but i did see this offer that is a half star less but quite a bit cheaper (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3.5* Monterey for $187
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Hotel Abrego which gets good reviews and you can book a King room at this price

Does either of the above work for your needs this trip?  If not, what is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel has not made any King bed rooms available for HOTWIRE during the booking process so there would be no way to guarantee this room type prior to your arrival.  You can call the hotel after your purchase and request a King bedded room, but there is no assurance that they will be able, or willing, to honor your request.

I will also note that a King Bedd room at the InterContinental the Clement Monterey  (confirm your dates on the landing page) for your dates costs over $125+ more than a standard room, so i would think an 'upgrade' from a regular room to a King bedded room would be less likely, and if it is possible, would likely come at an additional charge.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and were able to secure the King bedded option that you wanted.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating and amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]