Priceline Hotel: Help for 3 or 4* MTE-MTW May 13-21 (willing to split)

blkjck1
By blkjck1,
in

I could go for the CPS or Upper West Side so long as we didn't have to go too far north. I don't really want to go beyond 125 Street.

I don't want to change hotels more than once unless we could get something close to Union Sq or Chinatown. I have relatives to visit in those areas.

Proud to be Canadian!

I'd suggest bidding as follows:

Selelct 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Selelct 4* MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Selelct 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175.

I would try the above first for your complete stay, 5/13-5/21, then try the following dates:

5/14-5/21

5/13-5/20

5/15-5/21

5/13-5/19

5/16-5/21

5/13-5/18

5/17-5/21

5/13-5/17

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question here - I am having problems booking anything right now in 4* for the May 15-18 timeframe for New York City, and 3* for Jersey City. I have reservations for May 13-15 and May 18-20 at the Doubletree in JC at $75 a night, and would be willing to move into the Big Apple for anything in the midtown/Central Park areas. I have bid as high as $145 for both places with no luck. I can be patient right now, as I do have a cancellable reservation at the Doubletree right now so that we don't have to move, but at $259/night for those 3 days, that is a little steep. I don't want to split these 3 days as we're already doing a split assuming we don't stay in JC.

So I am wondering if there is a major major event going on that week that none of the hotels are opening up any inventory now, or if it is too soon to ask for 3 consecutive days at the beginning of a work week. Before I started looking at Priceline/Hotwire, I looked into Manhattan B&Bs, and was told by a couple of them that it was high season.

Proud to be Canadian!

There is always something happening in Manhattan, but there is nothing that i can find out of the ordinary except as the B&B lady told you... it's peak season.

If you're going to eventually use your back-up, for that kind of money you are better off staying directly in Manhattan. You could get the Eastgate Tower for less than your Doubletree booking, be directly in the city, and it gets excellent reviews as you can see HERE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate the suggestion of the Eastgate. I actually did have the Eastgate booked as an initial booking for the entire trip when I first bought the plane tickets. The cost was $189+taxes a night for an 8 day stay. I changed that after I got the split on the Jersey City Doubletree, which moved the cost up to about $229 at the Eastgate.

Now that I have the JC hotel rooms, I've become a little reluctant to move from the Doubletree unless the financial incentive / luxury upgrade is there. It's going to be a hassle already to move from LGA to Penn Station and JC for check in, JC to Manhattan after our first two nights if we do a cross-river trip, back to JC for 2 nights, then staying in a Manhattan apartment the last night we are there (a family obligation that sprung up that cost me a night for a room at the Paramount I can't use now), then LGA early in the morning.

I'll keep trying. At least everytime I try, SavingsBarn.com gets another redirect. :)

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]