Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Hilton New York

9iron
By 9iron,
in

Need two nights accommodation 2/23-2/25. Want to stay in 4* (or better), and can go to $150-160 per night. Preferred areas, in order of preference:

UWS

UES

Upper midtown, Central Pk south

Midtown West

Midtown South

Midtown East

Downtown, etc.

First-time bidder, so would much appreciate help. Thanks in advance.

Two re-bid zones available at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

We'll stop there as i'm fairly confident you will get something with the above, if not we'll continue on.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Having some difficulty getting past the credit card page - the form either wants a US zip code (I live in Glasgow, Scotland, UK) and/or will accept only London-based (i.e. beginning 020) telephone numbers - mine is (+44) (0) 141 ...

I tried to get to NYC hotels from the .co.uk priceline site, but that allows searches only of European locations. Am I doing something particularly stupid? Sorry to be such a pest.

OK! Success and huge thanks to thereuare. Here's the story. First, I got past credit card page by using tips on the priceline Canada page - used full address, but fake state (CA) and zip (99999). Then bids as follows:

Selected 4* UM/CPS:

Bid $120; rejected, added UWS as re-bid zone

Bid $130; rejected, added UES as further re-bid zone

Bid $140; rejected & closed browser.

Next, select 4* MTW:

Bid $105; rejected, added UWS as re-bid zone

Bid $110; rejected, added UES as further re-bid zone

Bid $115; rejected & closed browser.

Next, selected 4* MTW and UM/CPS and bid $120 successfully: Hilton New York, 1335 Avenue Of The Americas.

Many thanks again t-u-a. A final question: I don't have a printer; do I just need credit card, ID and priceline confirmation number to check-in?

Hi 9iron,

Welcome to the Board my fellow Scot.

I would access your priceline win from somewhere that does have a printer just in case but if that is not possible you could always do that at an internet cafe in New York if there is a problem. Just need to remember your password.

To be honest I do not recall ever being asked for the details. I normally just say that I have a prepaid room reserved. If you have not already done so perhaps worth joining the Hilton Honors program. I believe the UK program is based in Glasgow.

Have a great time.

Blueskies

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]