Hotel Unavailable after clicking "Book Now"?

asus389
By asus389,
in

I was trying to reserve a hotel via HOTWIRE today that repeatedly showed up in their search. I selected it and clicked book now but upon entering my credit card security code (card number was already saved in my account) I got an error that the hotel was no longer available. I called Hotwire and they just gave me the run around. It seems like the room should be held when you click "Book Now" until you either confirm payment or a short amount of time expires the booking. That's the way nearly every other online business works. I called Hotwire again and they told me something to the effect that the offers on their site aren't actually accurate/real until the payment goes through - making "book now" kind of meaningless. That would also imply a sort of misrepresentation of their inventory. Any idea what's really going on here? Did I misunderstand how their booking process works? Or did they screw up?

PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE listings can run out of inventory and there are times when there is a gap between the end of inventory and the listing being removed. That's when you get the message on either service regarding the listing being no longer available.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the details of the trip under the state (or country) sub-forum and we would be happy to research the period and offer our thoughts on options.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]