Hotwire Hotel: Help With NYC Hotel

rick4him
By rick4him,
in

I'm going to be traveling to NYC Aug 11th-14th (or Aug 12th - 14th) and looking for a good, safe hotel in the range of 150 or below. I'd like to stay in midtown / Rockefeller if possible, but open to other areas if the deal is good. I don't really have any amenities in mind that I need, as I won't be in the room much. Just looking for a good location and a nice place to sleep. I stayed in the Westin and Sheraton near Times square in the past and it was nice, and I also stayed La Quinta on 32nd Street before and it was actually pretty nice.  I don't have much experience with some of the lesser known brands, but open to the advice of the folks on this forum. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior New York City Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.) Closing prior threads is greatly appreciated as it does keep the board organized and informs others as to what was ultimately decided.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

9 hours ago, rick4him said:

if I end up using HOTWIRE.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

13 hours ago, rick4him said:

NYC Aug 11th-14th (or Aug 12th - 14th)

When will your check-in date be confirmed... or are you flexible in that you can leave either day? (in which case what will determine when you arrive on 8/11 or 8/12)

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept for this stay?  Are you willing to pay more for a higher star rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive hotel that meets your minimum star rating and is $150 or less?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please first confirm your travel dates as the offers (and prices) may differ depending upon your arrival date. 

As well, the hotels that are current offered may not be the ones that are available once your plans are finalized and you're ready to move forward and commit to a purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... and if you're unable to get on a flight at all, you'll eat all the hotel costs?

Hotel prices and inventory can change very quickly, and any research/strategies done at this point of time may have little to do with rates and availability a week from now once you're able to commit to this purchase.  By only researching trips that are ready for purchase it helps us reply to everyone in a timely manner (and helps minimize the chance that the hotels they are considering for purchase disappear while they are awaiting a reply)

rick4him,

I'm sorry if you feel that we're putting too much pressure on you, but please realize that the advice your seeking takes time to research, and hotel prices (and therefore our response) may be different depending upon whether your trip begins on 8/11 or 8/12... and will also likely be different a week from now if/when your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward. 

As we tried to explain above, to use our time efficiently, and to reply to everyone that is waiting for help with their purchases in a timely manner, we try to only begin researching trips once plans are firm and ready for purchase (and we realize even then sometimes plans do fall thru)

• thereuare locked and unlocked this topic

I'm trying to get some help ID'g a few hotels please.

4 Star Empire State Building

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3 1/2 Star Maddison Square Garden

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4 Star Times Square South

FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center

4 Star Union Square

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4 Star Empire State Building

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4 1/2 Rockerfeller

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* $138 ESB Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

>>> Possible match for 70 Park Avenue

3.5* $155 MSG Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

>>> Possible Holiday Inn TS

4* $123 Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Business

>>> Possible Riu Plaza TS

4* $132 Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

>>> Possible Roger or Redbury. Keep in mind the approximate $30 resort fee per night, mentioned on the detail page, so this is essentially really over $160 per night.

4* ESB - Not seeing this listing when searching - are you still seeing it?

4.5* Rockefeller  - are you seeing pet friendly? I"m seeing Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Pet Friendly

>>> This would be a possible match for the Omni.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]