Hotwire Hotel: Downtown Toronto East or West to be close to CN Tower?

europe-chick
By europe-chick,
in

Hi,

I need a hotel in Toronto for just one night, specifically to have dinner at 360 at the CN Tower.

Would I be best to choose Downtown Toronto East or West to try and get a hotel as close as possible (we'll be walking to the tower and back) to the CN Tower.

Looking at the HOTWIRE map it looks like Downtown Toronto West would be my best bet. Does this sound right?

Last year I booked with Priceline Express, Downtown Southeast, and got Pantages Hotel. It was a bit of a hike to the CN Tower but certainly doable - especially the walk back to work off some of our meal!

However this year we're travelling with my husbands elderly parents and so want to try and land lucky with a hotel much closer to the CN Tower so that the walk isn't as long.

So after my long ramble and backstory it's just as simple as the question in the title!

Other info if you need/want it. Monday October 10th for 1 night. 2 rooms needed. 2 adults per room.

Many Thanks,

europe-chick

The current zone boundaries put CN Tower within HOTWIRE's Toronto Downtown West zone.

I'm currently seeing a 4* hotel when searching for your dates for $121/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

==> while this matches previous reports for the InterContinental Toronto Centre, i think a new amenity set for the Hyatt Regency is a strong possibility as well, so either of these would be my best guess for this one, both of which are less than a 10 minute walk to CN Tower (as per google)

Does this work for your needs and budget?

I'll add that i'm also seeing this 4* Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainmetn and Financial District hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $115/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> i believe this one to more likely be the InterContinental (with the Hyatt still a secondary, but less likely, possibility)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take one of the options above) and we'll to form there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

wow, thanks for the very detailed reply thereuare!

Both of those fit my budget, I'll go up to $150 per room per night (before taxes and fees), but obviously if we can get lower then that's better!

Will be booking over the next day or so, just need to sort out the surrounding nights and where we'll be, and also maybe try and convince my husband to go for two nights in Toronto rather than just the one!

Will come back either for help id'ing hotels or just to update with what we book.

Thanks again,

europe-chick

It is the total number of rooms/adults/children... so you would search HOTWIRE for 2room/4adults/0children (or if you use our BiddingHelper.com we will automatically combine everything for you as the form allows you to choose for each room)

For PRICELINE all rooms are automatically booked for double occupancy regardless of what you chose in the form.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, so after saying that I specifically wanted the area closest to the CN Tower I'm now considering the area next to it! Only because there's a bargain there!

Both Hotwire.

So it's a 4 star hotel in Downtown Toronto East

$84 per night (claims to be from $178)

95% recommended

Condo, Pet friendly, Suite, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access.

Now for some reason this doesn't actually appear when I search through the better bidding link? Only when I just open Hotwire myself.

I'm guessing at Pantages or Cambridge Suites? But I'd prefer One King West as it's closer to the CN Tower.

The other option is I think the same one listed by thereuare above.

It's a 4 star hotel in Downtown Toronto West

$120 per night (claims to be from $192)

90% recommended

Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom.

Would this still be the same guess as above - either the Intercontinental or the Hyatt Regency?

I'm torn between choosing the 'West' and getting the better location for our needs, or choosing the 'East' bargain and walking further (keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too far away!).

Please repeat both of your searches using the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com and click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' next to each... then copy/paste the full amenity set here as i don't think the above are complete for either.

If you are having a problem locating a hotel in the EASY VIEW TAB then use the zone and star rating filters on the left side o the page which will make it easier to find the specific offer that you are looking for.

ok so using the instructions above,

the amenities for the 4* $84 DT East are

Condo, Pet friendly, Suite, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel

and the amenities for the 4* $120 DT West are

Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

the amenities for the 4* $84 DT East are

==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this amenity set matches previous reports for the One King West Hotel and Residence

and the amenities for the 4* $120 DT West are

==> same property as before so guess would remain the Hyatt or InterContinental

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]