Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown Southeast - Union Station and St Lawrence Market) Pantages Suites Hotel and Spa

europe-chick
By europe-chick,
in

Hi,

Looking for some help. I'm looking for a hotel in Toronto for 2 nights - June 4th & 5th, max budget is $200 per night (before taxes and fees) but I'd like it to come in nearer to $150 per night if poss (again before taxes and fees). Ideally 5 star, or 4 1/2 star, 4 star is the lowest I'd want. I'd also only want one of the 3 downtown areas.

I'm interested in the following on Hotwire, i'm just after some help to id them

5* Downtown Toronto West $193 per night

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness centerPool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

Spa services

My guess would be the Shangri-la ??

4 1/2* Downtown Toronto East $189 per night

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

Golf nearby

Spa services

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

My guess would be the Omni King Edward ??

4* Downtown Toronto East $124 per night

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Spa services

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible parking

I have no idea for this one ??

There's also  4* Downtown Toronto West listed at $129 per night, claiming to be 41% off from $220, but no amenities listed??

With no amenities listed to narrow it down this may be too much of a gamble??

I clicked through the bidding helper link. And I've clicked on the PL & HOTWIRE links.

Many Thanks in advance for any help

europe-chick

Hi,

Looking for some help. I'm looking for a hotel in Toronto for 2 nights - June 4th & 5th, max budget is $200 per night (before taxes and fees) but I'd like it to come in nearer to $150 per night if poss (again before taxes and fees). Ideally 5 star, or 4 1/2 star, 4 star is the lowest I'd want. I'd also only want one of the 3 downtown areas.

I'm interested in the following on Priceline Express, i'm just after some help to id them.

5* Downtown Toronto Southwest $181 per night

Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
Free Internet
Business Center

My guess would be the Shangri-la ??

4* Downtown Toronto Southwest $135 per night
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Business Center

4* Downtown Toronto Southeast $118 per night
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
Free Internet
Business Center
My guess would be the Omni King Edward ??

4* Downtown Toronto North $129 per night

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
Business Center

I clicked through the bidding helper link. And And I've clicked on the PL & HOTWIRE links.

Many Thanks in advance for any help

europe-chick

5* SW PL-E Not yet ID'd/reported to the board. Shangri-La with a new amenity set would be a maybe.

4* SW PL-E Hilton.

4* SE PL-E Possible Omni KE.

4* North ???

----

Hot.wire;

5* Not yet ID'd/reported to the board. Shangri-La would be a possibility, but it could certainly be something else. Still, a 5* for not much more than a 4.5* would seem like a compelling option.

4.5* E - Omni KE

4* Not yet ID'd/reported. No guess.

I'm not seeing a 4* with no amenities in Downtown West when searching for these dates, but if there is no amenities there is no way to begin to narrow down which listing this may be.

Please keep us updated with what you decide.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks. Was kinda hoping one of them may be the Westin Harbour Castle! I probably knew it wouldn't be from the descriptions, but if one had of looked like it may be I'd have taken a chance! It's $274 CAD per night on their own website, which is out of our budget. I'll mull over the HW/PL options and will post back when I've booked.

I'll mull over the HW/PL options and will post back when I've booked.

I'd suggest not mulling too long now that you have educated guesses on the appealing offers.  HW/PLE offers can come and go rather rapidly.  

On the other hand, if one you particularly like has already vanished, try just waiting a bit.  They can and do pop back.

If you are looking in currency different from CAD, the rates may seem to change from day to day as the exchange rates shift.

Romelle

Ended up getting Pantages. Which I really, really did not want it to be! Oh well, I did know this could happen and I took the chance. My hubby is less bothered than me as he's not fussed about the hotel itself, just the price! I guess I really shouldn't complain for the price I paid.

Amenities listed were:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly
Spa
Non-Smoking
Gym
Restaurant
Business Center

I clicked though your links to book. Thanks again for the help.

europe-chick

Dumb blonde question??

How do I find out what they were before my purchase??

I'm fairly sure they were the amenities listed in my original question, so;

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
Free Internet
Business Center

I thought, and the reply to my question also thought that it'd be the Omni King Edward with these amenities. I booked, with fingers crossed, hoping for the Omni King Edward. If the amenities had changed from the above list I'd have probably had second thoughts about booking, I'd have probably checked again as to what it was likely to be.

So I guess after the long waffle, I'm pretty sure it was the amenities I've listed above.

europe-chick 

Thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry to hear this one didn't work out as you had expected, but hopefully you can make it work for the 2 nite stay.

The amenities PRICELINE EXPRESS uses are often fairly vague, so sometimes the same amenity set can equally apply to two different hotels (but we are currently working on some tools to try to help further narrow the guesses)

Enjoy your stay, hopefully you'll find it to be a good value for the price paid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You'll be happy to learn that this location is most excellent in terms of being so central that you'll be able to walk to many places that you might like to visit.    Also, it is in a major shopping section, sadly with a few unsavoury street elements milling about, so you'll easily find reasonably priced restaurants for breakfast and lunch and dinner.   Also, you will be right on the subway line, so you'll be able to be on public transit in minutes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]