Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

marquimsp
By marquimsp,
in

Hello,

I'm going to stay in NY from 6/27 to 7/1 and I have the possibility of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Central Park for $184 (taxes included), which would amount to $790. Do you experts think it's possible to get something as good as (or better) for less? If I include priceline taxes and fees that would mean a maximum nightly rate of 130 dollars. 

If you guys think it's possible?

Could you please help me with a strategy?

My preferred zones are (in order of preference):

7 CPS 
6 MTW 
2 MTE 
1 Times Sq
4 Rockefeller Ct
12 UWS 
13 UES 

Thanks again for all your help!

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline London hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've tried building a strategy myself, would you mind checking if is ok?

Rebid zones:

30 LGA (no 4 stars or up)
29 JFK (no 4 or up)
28 Washington heights (no 4)
27 Bronx (no 3 or up)
26 Coney (no 3 or up)
24 Morningside (no 4 or up)
22 Bayside (no 2.5 or up)
18 Jamaica (no 2.5 or up)
16 Elmhurst (no 3 or up)
15 Flushing (no 4 or up)

Select 4* CPS, MTW, MTE, TS, RC, UWS
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone 
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone 
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone 

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone 
Bid $103, 
if rejected close browser and use BB link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* CPS, MTW, MTE, TS, RC, UWS
Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone 
Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone 
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone
Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130

I guess I'll try 3 stars for up to $120.

Rebid zones should be:

Bronx
Coney
Bayside
Jamaica
Elmhurst

I'm broadening my range to the following zones: 1 2 4 7 9 12 21

But adding MSG and MTW when desperation hits.

Cheers!

Strangely, I've been noticing that when I'm redirected to paypal the total amount decreases a little (around $30)... Is that normal?

51 minutes ago, marquimsp said:

I'm broadening my range to the following zones: 1 2 4 7 9 12 21

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones by PRICELINE name, not by number, as the numbers will change any time that PRICELINE adds, removes, or changes the name of a zone.

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable 3* or better in one of the zones you're searching for?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Still not a bad deal for this well-located property and hope you are looking forward to your stay. Sorry to hear about the resort fee, but unfortunately that is becoming more and more common in NYC.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]