Hotwire Hotel: 3* Portland Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port

Adventure44
By Adventure44,
in

I am nervous to bid because I want to stay in Portland not by the airport. The map is large. There is a 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS $154 5/4-5/8 pet, bed choice, fitness center, non smoking, restaurant, and shuttle. I assuming it is the Westin.  When I search all hotels, it is priced at $198 with one room left. This would be ideal. Is safe to bid or just go with the express deal? It does not look like there are any other 4*. 

Please start by following-up your previous Lincoln Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

4 hours ago, Adventure44 said:

There is a 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS $154 5/4-5/8

The dates above have already past... did you mean this 4* Portland - Portland West hotel that i'm seeing for $166/nite for June 4-8 with:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

... if this is the same property you're seeing and the correct dates for JUNE, then i would agree that this is likely the Westin and that would be my best guess.

As far as bidding for this stay, The Press Hotel would be at least one other 4* hotel in this zone (there could be others as well) so if you are specifically trying to target The Westin then using PRICELINE EXPRESS would be the better option.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

letusnkow

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you are seeing comparable options for around $150-160, unfortunately a higher bid (probably $125-145) is going to be required (although you certainly have a bit of time to at least try lower levels.)

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Confirm your dates on the landing page (since they have changed throughout this thread) but if this is the 4* Portland - Portland West hotel you're seeing for $154/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

=> my guess for this one would be the Westin Portland Harborview, if this helps with your decision

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3* Portland 6/5- 6/8 $143 with free internet, airport shuttle, business center, fitness center, indoor pools, pools,restaurant, self-service laundry, walk score of 96, and ability to select bed type only 75% recommended

Another 3* is showing with business center, indoor pool, free breakfast, free internet, self-service laundry, smoke free, walk score 96 with 95% recommended, but priced at $175 

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each:

3* at $143/ntie:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Shuttle

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

==> not 100% certain but i think the Holiday Inn Portland-By the Bay is likely and that would be my best guess for this one

3* at $175/nite:

Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my guess would be the Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Amenities: free breakfast, free internet, indoor pool(s), smoke free,  fitness center, business center, self- service laundry

The other Hotwire hotel went up to $165 for an extra $10 I decided to go with the nicer hotel.   I also was not having much luck on Priceline.  I compared parking fees for different hotels ranging for $10 -$32.  I am happy with my hotel.  It would have prefered to save some money, but I am sure we will enjoy our stay.  Thank you for all your help

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to do your searches/purchases using the EASY VIEW tab of the BiddingHelper.com tool (and clicking the green 'See All Amenities' link there) to ensure that you're seeing the complete amenity set, since as you can see the list of amenities in your post above is much shorter than what i had previously listed for this same hotel (if you view your purchase using the MY TRIPS >> MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page you'll see the full list of amenities associated with this property is the longer amenity list as indicated in my post)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]