Hotwire Hotel: 3* Oakland - Eastbay (Berkeley - Emeryville) Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area

Toledolurch
By Toledolurch,
in

Hotel ID help 3.5* Lombard and Van Ness Streets

June 18 - 20 2 adults 2 kids $244/nt

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

There is nothing more than 2* on the hotel list.  Any ideas?

With a 2.0/5.0 TA rating is this a serious consideration for your family?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What are your needs for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking to stay at or under $300 a night...but can stretch if there is an amazing property for amazing value.  The dates above are a bit off.  We are staying June 16-18.  We have never been to San Fran before and will be doing the typical tourist agenda, including Alcatraz on June 17.

So far in planning this vacation I have booked 7 nights via HOTWIRE through your link.

I'm seeing a 4* in USE w/Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower for $267 and a 4* in USW for $260 w/Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom. Unfortunately, rates are definitely high for these dates - with tax most very nice or at least reasonably nice options are going to push towards your max budget. There are not many options with breakfast included, unfortunately the main one you mentioned has a very concerning tripadvisor rating.

Of consideration...

Is this 4.5* Fisherma's Wharf hotel with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

.... and more importantly an impressive 9+ user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests

Technically PRICELINE EXPRESS reservations are for double occupancy, but for $313 you could reserve a room with 2 Queen beds and i don't suspect the hotel will have any issues with quad occupancy given that your hotel can easily accommodate that (and that the additional two guests are children)

A little over your budget, but my guess for this property would be the Argonaut Hotel which gets excellent reviews.

Worth the extra expense for you for this trip?

Alternately i'm seeing what looks like the Grand Hyatt for $267/nite, Sir Francis Drake for $290/nite, or the Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf for $275/nite,

Any of the above of interest?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know your thoughts on any of the above.

Wow, I truly appreciate the help.  As I said, I have never been to San Francisco before.  I am very familiar and comfortable with the Hyatt brand, however the Pier 2620 seems like a better location.  Anyone familiar with either of these to provide a recommendation?

I'm not a San Francisco expert (so anyone else reading feel free to chime in with your thoughts) but i think it comes down to where most of the things you want to do will be centered around and whether you want to stay in a 'Downtown' city-like atmosphere OR a more tourist-y area.

How will you get to Alcatraz?  Do you have a car, renting a car for the day, taxi, mass transit, or meeting a tour group at a different location that will shuttle you over there?  Is one location above better, easier, or move convenient to get to Alcatraz for your tour?

• 3 months later...

Aloha!

We ended up using the HOTWIRE link and booking at Emeryville, the Hyatt Place, for $180/nt.  With 2 adults and 2 kids, having a larger room and free breakfast were important and a very nice comfort.  We had a car, but kept it there with the free parking and uber'd into downtown our two days.  We did spend a day at fisherman's wharf with a pre-booked tour to Alcatraz and biked over Golden Gate one day.  Awesome.

Thanks for your help and advice on this trip. 

Thank you for closing this thread with your purchase.

Can you please further add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks, glad to hear this property worked for your needs and that you enjoyed your stay.

Here is the details of this reservation that I am able to pull up from my Hotwire account

Price $180/nt

Check-inThu, Jun 16 - 03:00pm

Check-outSun, Jun 19 - 12:00pm

Room1 room (hotel chooses bed type) | 2 adults | 2 children

Nights3 nights

AmenitiesFree breakfast, Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s),Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]