Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC JFK Airport Ramada

aglinka
By aglinka,
in

Your PM to me clarified that you're looking for October 17th or 18th.

You also stated that you're not sure of the date yet but wanted to start early so you'll have a lot of re-bids. You'll need to determine the date first since Priceline purchases are final and don't allow any changes or cancellations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks A lot, I tried $45 about a month ago, and failed. I then booked a hotel on Hotwire, but my dates changed, so I'm going to try PL again.

-AGLINKA.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Just tried $46 after seeing someone getting Courtyard by Marriott on another board for that sum. As you can guess, no luck. Seems like JFK just doesn't like me. Dates are Oct 18-Oct 19. Perhaps DoubleTree will pick up the slack for $65 (as stated on another board) for the weekend.

RESERVATION DETAILS:

Restauraunt, Business Center, Fitness Center Amenitires

Rate $74

It did not show a shuttle even though it doesn't have one. I was hoping for Radisson, the JFK Airport, but not the RAMADA! I've noticed that Hotwire rates a half star better than Priceline does. And this is an obvious over rating. The dates are the 18th to the 19th of October.

Shoot. I mean the people I'm booking this for aren't going to be very happy

I'm open to discussion on un-merging the posts (as i've always said, this board is for its users and whatever the concensus is among the users i will try to do) but here are my thoughts on why i merged the posts:

-shows why you ultimately used Hotwire for the purchase

-reinforces using Hotwire as an alternative after failing at Priceline

-if kept separate, the Priceline post would not have a conclusion to it, and future users that read it would wonder what ultimately happened

-it shows all experiences of the bidding process in one place

If you look thru some other Hotwire posts you will see that quite a few of them started as Priceline posts, but after being rejected via Priceline, were ultimately purchased on Hotwire and subsequently moved.

As a long time user of various message boards, i have always found it frustrating in doing research and finding a situation just like mine where the user never came back and followed up with the result... essentially making the post useless to me (and everyone else). Perhaps this is a reason why i don't like posts that don't show an ultimate result or conclusion and why i think it's best to merge the posts as i did.

So those are my thoughts for merging, but i'm open to your ideas/thoughts as to why they should be kept separate. I'll also use this opportunity to open this up to the board with any thoughts/comments/suggestions that they may have as to what is the best way to handle a situation such as this.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]