Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Rancho Bernardo) Rancho Bernardo Inn

atom9
By atom9,
in

Better Bidding screwed me over I was trying to book a hotel and I didn't win the bid so I used other areas that said it had a lower star rating than 4.0 so I used one that was a 3.5 star hotel

and well Better Bidding didn't pay attention to detail because the hotel is now a 4 star hotel that was a 3.5 star rating. The Rancho Bernardo Inn is now a 4 star hotel and now I am screwed

I was trying to get the 4.0 star hotel in Mission Valley the Marriot so I bid at 80 moved up 5 each time than used the Bernardo area because BB said it was only a 3.5 to get the Mission Valley

Marriot and I won the bid for a hotel I did not want and the area I did not want because BB is not paying attention to detail. This is the last time I use BB because there job is to pay attention to detail and provide us with the current info on the hotels and there locations and rating of the stars for the hotel and we use this to bid on hotels. If this info is not accurate then it screws up everything.

Ranch hotel was a 3.5 star hotel but is now a 4.0 star hotel. Great now I will have to fight with PL and the Hotel for hours to see if I can get out of this deal. Thanks BB............. last time I use PL and rely on BB for accurate information

Sorry to hear you received a hotel you didn't expect...

As you were told previously, you're not bidding correctly:

On 10/31/2015 at 7:20 AM, thereuare said:

You're actually not bidding correctly, so i would STOP!! before doing anything else.

As well, at the top of every PRICELINE hotel list is the following:

This Priceline Hotel List is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the PRICELINE map before purchasing. DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window, see Priceline RE-Bidding Explained for information on how to add cities in order to bid again.

In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

Lastly, this board (and its members) are here to assist you, if you have a question or are unsure of something, please ask before purchasing (since Priceline stipulates NO cancellations/refunds)! However, by using this board you agree that you do so at your own risk! (in other words, NO WHINING allowed!!)

The hotel lists are updated regularly as new information is reported to the board, just as the Priceline Hotel List for this area has just been updated to reflect the new star rating for this property.

If you had asked for assistance before your purchase (even if just to confirm your re-bid zones) i'm sure your error above could have been avoided, but we can't be of service to anyone if they don't speak up and ask for the help they need.

Feel free to ask the board for help before your next PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchase, but before doing so, please follow-up your two previous threads:

On 10/31/2015 at 7:20 AM, thereuare said:

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Portland and Hotwire Deerfield Beach threads with whatever you decided to do for each of those stays...

... as well as reply to this thread with the amount of your winning bid and dates of this Rancho Bernardo purchase so we can add this information to the topic title and enable this purchase appear in our Priceline Maps and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]