Hotwire Hotel: Identifying hote 8/13/14 Downtown Portland 3.5 hotel for 129

atom9
By atom9,
in

Dont want to wait the 24 hours I want a hotel in downtown Portland and for the 3.5 hotel it did not take my bid for 85 so I wanted to bid 90 yet it says select another Location. I do not know what other location to select because I do not want a hotel that is a non downtown hotel. It says then select another star yet blocks you from being able to pick 4 stars and only allows you to select a lower star. After looking at your list I want a 3.5 hotel not a 3.0 hotel. Which from your list I am trying to get the Hotel Rose because they renovating the hotel right now and it is like going to a new hote. So how can I bypass the 24 hour period and rebid now with out risking a lower star or an area I do not want to go near. Example with San Diego it is great because you can use places next to Tijuana that does not have a 3.5 hotel so you know how to work the system etc. (thanks to yourwebsite) I was able to put 2+2 together but I need help for Portland and is August 10-16 2014 to early to bid?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Start with this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

When bidding 3.5* in Portland you have EIGHT re-bid zones. Using the method in the link above see if you can determine the eight re-bid zones and feel free to confirm them with the board (highlyl recommended since you're new to the subject matter)

Let us know what you determine your re-bid zones to be, as well as your maximum bid for a 3.5* hotel, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- remember that it's over 2 months until your stay, better to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones than to make a mistake. ;)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at your list of the 3.5 hotels for Hotewire but it said on Hotwire this hotel has a 85 percent rating from Trip Advisor so I looked up all the 3 hotels on HW list you provide

and none have a 85 percent rating. I understand HW rounds off example if a hotel has a rating of 83 they will round it to 85. It says its a dog friendly hotel

so I thought it would be the Rose yet the Rose only has a 70 percent rating on Trip Advisor. It says its Boutigue Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Free Internet. has

Restaurants. Accessible for the Blind and has a Business center. The only thing I can think of is if the 4 star hotel was dropped to a 3.5 hotel and your list has not been updated or they added new hotels to there list. Both could be a possibility. Any suggestions?

Are your date/s for Portland 8/13 only or 8/10-16?

The % rating showing on the Hot.wire detail page isn't the tripadvisor % rating, it is the Hot.wire customer % rating (which is not a reliable indicator of a particular hotel or hotel/s.)

For the Hot.wire listing:

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICE.LINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sometimes HOTWIRE will show the TA rating for a given property, represented by the green circles (5 circles, filled in up to the proper user review rating)... but the percent recommendation shown by HOTWIRE is something different and has nothing to do with TA.

Please answer the questions posted in AaronJB's post above and let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes HOTWIRE will show the TA rating for a given property, represented by the green circles (5 circles, filled in up to the proper user review rating)... but the percent recommendation shown by HOTWIRE is something different and has nothing to do with TA.

Please answer the questions posted in AaronJB's post above and let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Sorry for the delay Need help Identifying this hotel on Hotwire 

Portland Oregon (8/13-8/15) 3 1/2 star hotel  (90)% rating)

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]