Priceline Hotel: 2* Painted Post Best Western Lodge On The Green

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Started bidding in the Corning, NY zone at the 3* level at $51, and with 3 rebid zones available (Painted Post, Horseheads, Elmira) was rejected up to $71. Went down to 2.5* and started bidding in Horseheads at $50 and with 3 rebid zones, rejected up to $65. Went down to 2* and started again in the Corning zone at $48 but was rejected, increased to $56 and added Painted Post, success:

Your Offer Price: $56.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.40

Total Charges: $70.40

not really pleased with the results as it was available on Expedia for $39. I called Priceline and I will get a refund of $17, so I will end up paying $53.40 for the room instead of $43.77 (with taxes) had I booked the room through Expedia or Bestwestern.com.

Another annoyance is that Priceline does not provide maps for any of the 4 bidding areas so it is difficult to determine the size of each zone.

The hotel features free WiFi in the lobby and in some of the rooms, and free continental breakfast.

Placed my bid through Savingsbarn.com

• 2 weeks later...

just checked my credit card account, Priceline did issue a credit of $17. This hotel does not have WiFi in the lobby, some rooms are hard wired, but after spending 45 minutes with tech support, I was unable to get online. The rooms all have outside entrances, and calling this a 2* is a big stretch, its a 1* at max. The continental breakfast consisted of store-bought donuts, cereal that remains on the breakfast bar all day long, and a bag of (formerly frozen) bagels. To top it off, the coffee in the urn was not brewed, but made from Instant :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]