Hotwire Hotel: Cancun

cfreas
By cfreas,
in

I have 3 hotels we are looking at for Cancun 7/29-8/5.  I am leaning towards not allinclusive but if the price was right we would consider it as a bonus. I have two hotels in the convention center area and one north hotel zone.  2adults 2 kids (16/13)

4* $104 Hotel Zone/Convention Area

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Resort, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Wheelchair accessible

3.5* (all inclusive) $189

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Free food and drinks, A la carte dining, Free water activities, Free entertainment, Free activities, Children's activities, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

4* Hotel North $156

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Resort, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby

As previously requested, please start by following-up your previous thread:

On 2/4/2016 at 5:05 AM, thereuare said:

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Hollywood Beach thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

2x

... and also follow-up your previous Hotwire Nashville hotel thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the HOTWIRE offers above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

7 minutes ago, cfreas said:

I feel as if I must be doing something wrong

Forgive me if i missed it, but until your post recent post there was no indication what you ultimately decided to do for that stay.  You need to close your threads with your decisions as you make them (ie- 3 years ago) even if you decided to not use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, canceled the trip, booked a regular rate hotel, etc.  This helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

It would also be appreciated if you used our requested sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate hotel bookings.

Are you still seeing all of these offers when searching for your dates and 2adults/2chidlren?

Are you ready to book this thread at this point in time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, i can see... you said you must "be doing something wrong" so i replied indicating that you didn't previously follow-up your threads (and why we require that you do so)

Did you see the questions in my reply above?!?

I just saw the question.. .  I am hoping to book in the next day or so.  I need to decide all inclusive or not.  I am also pricing a 4* all inclusive on hotwire in Cozumel and weighing the option of ferrying to Cozumel.  Booking Southwest flights as soon as we figure out our hotel options, prices direct do not look good unless I book through Verizon Wireless using points at the Westin Spa & Resort for $913 total.

I believe the hotel will be the Sunscape but not sure, a little apprehensive as my kids are 16 & 13 and most all inclusives book them as adults not kids and I don't want o be charged more when I get there.

4* all inclusive $229

My guess for the 3.5* all-inclusive would be the Grand Oasis Palm.

You didn't post any information about the Cozumel property you're considering so i'm not able to research that one.

Okay thank you.  After further review I'm a little concerned about booking all inclusive.  We have 2 kids 13 and 16 and a lot of the resorts have a 12 and under for kids.  My concern would be getting there and needing to pay more or be turned away.  The all inclusive with 2 kids looks like a great deal but as 4 adults its not so inviting.  Can you give me a guess on the two 4* resorts.  I think I will keep my anxiety low and book a hotel without all inclusive and the concern of extra money later.

Your children being viewed as adults by the hotel is not really a valid concern, imo.  Include your children's true ages, and if you have any issues at check-in (which i doubt there will be any issue), get in touch with HOTWIRE and ask them to work it out with the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]