Hotwire Hotel: 3* Billings, MT. Holiday Inn Grand Montana

pirate
By pirate,
in

I have been trying for weeks to get a 2.5* or 3* in Billings on Priceline. Started at $40 for 3* and edged up in $2 increments using various combinations of dates in lieu of re-bids. Once I got to $52 with no joy I began trying for 2.5* as well, again starting at $40. Last rejections were at $64 and $52 respectively.

I noticed this week that retail prices in Billings were hardening slightly for these dates; little things like an odd $ here and there on the AARP and AAA rates. Probably the combination of Yellowstone NP and the Sturgis Harley event are pushing occupancy levels up allready, so I decided to try Hotwire before all the deals were withdrawn.

Amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool and Fitness Centre. Looking at the likely properties this didn't fit any of them, but with no real dogs to fear and my backup at $92 I decided "What the hell" and saved myself $50. The Grand Montana has extensive business facilities but no business icon, so I guess this was deliberate to enhance opacity! Anyway I'm happy, looks like a decent enough property. I would have prefered the Sheraton downtown but the Hotwire ratings inflation no doubt makes that 3.5*!

Two nights @ $67 plus taxes etc = total $150.87, used the Savings Barn link.

:) Pirate

Nice to see you keep both services in mind and used the one that worked best for this stay.

Thank you for adding this property to our lists and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- i think i've seen a tv special on that Harley event in Sturgis... if it's the one i'm thinking of, it's HUGE!!!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]