SNA Orange County Fullsize Avis

nkcutter
By nkcutter,
in

John Wayne SNA airport in Orange County, CA.

Accepted on first Bid for Priceline Name Own Price.  Full size $22.

Dates Saturday 1/23/16 through Monday 2/1/16.

Avis, $22 for Full Size.  9 days, with fees of $76.18, total is $274.18

One thing to keep in mind when comparing and before deciding to bid is to notice that the taxes and fees, which you would think are standard for one price, nearly always come up higher when bidding.  So, a $22 per day car can come to the same as $24 a day direct.

I bid 3 days earlier.  Bids of $19 for full and $17 for standard previously.  So I started higher this time.  Only full or standard car sizes were going to be acceptable sizes.

The direct rates as well as Hotwire/Priceline for the in-airport respectable rental car agencies were showing extremely high.  The economy type rental car companies are always questionable; dented cars, and long waits and no cars available, so I like to bid because Priceline does not include those agencies.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the deal you received and are renting from a top-tier reputable company... on a recent trip i saw somebody return to the desk of a 'second tier' rental company because the car he was assigned had the check engine light on.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]