Hotwire Hotel: 2.5*, West Des Moines/Clive, Clarion Hotel

Nautica3
By Nautica3,
in

After many P/L rejections of my standard bids, decided to give up and go with H/W. The icons for amenities showed only Fitness and Laundry, so I thought maybe I'd get the Candlewood. Imagine my surprise when I got the Clarion instead!

I've mentioned the changing amenities on Hotwire in a separate thread. It's very strange how they can't seem to keep it constant lately. As a result, I don't trust H/W as much. Without consistent amenities icons, how can I determine which hotel it is? Not too mention, wouldn't the hotels themselves WANT all their amenities to be shown?

Nautica

It is somewhat baffling that they would consistently change the icons like that, but maybe it'll settle itself out in a few weeks or so.

I agree with you that this does't bode well for the confidence and trust factor of Hotwire.

Trust is vital when buying an opaque product...

-trust that the transaction will go smoothly and your room will be available when you show up

-trust that the star rating will be as represented

-trust that all of the above occur consistently and not a 'hit or miss' proposition

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

I stayed at the same hotel in 10/04. HW had it listed as a Clarion, now I think it's the Clive Suites. Not a very nice place....I have a family and they have a monthly swingers convention that happened to be there during my stay. They allow them to take over the entire pool (extremely cold pool btw). Not recommended.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]