Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$12.35

Total Charges: $62.35

Repeated and got a second night...

Was a little disappointed that I didn't get the Radisson. I've gotten Lakeview before, but for a $40 bid. I was getting the Radisson at $47 bids, but they had a State Bar Board of Governors meeting in Morgantown, which probably took a lot of their rooms. Hotwire was showing what I believe to be the Radisson at $76, then you have to add their fees.

Lakeview charged us $10 to upgrade to a king room. The first time I have ever been charged for an upgrade. We did get a much nicer room than their non-king suites, which I have stayed in. They are in the middle of a multimillion dollar remodel, so there is some noise and dust in areas of the hotel. All in all, we did enjoy our stay, and used the pool and the recreation center. There is a rec center with lap pool, climbing wall, total fitness center, in addition to the indoor hotel pool. Legends bar and grill has decent food as well.

As part of their attempt to go more upscale, and thus justify the extra money I suppose, they have upgraded to bath and body soap, shampoo and conditioner in the room. The king suites are nicely appointed, have 27" tvs as opposed to the 20" tvs in the regular rooms, and the wireless internet actually works in the king suites. The king suites are over the main entrance and lobby, which is the building that houses the wireless router. I've stayed back in the main body of the hotel before, not king suites, and the wifi internet was poor and unusable.

We enjoyed our stay mainly because we pretty much had the whole resort to ourselves though. I doubt there were a dozen rooms rented total. They have a $59 coupon in one of the travel coupon books you can get at the rest stops, so that brings them in a few travellers off the interstate in winter too the front desk clerk told us. I think a lot of people are staying away due to the dumpsters and work crews highly visible outside and inside the hotel as you pull up.

When we stayed there last winter, they were dead, but not this dead.

They did offer a nice continental breakfast, free of charge, with make your own belgium waffles, fruit salad, cereals and muffins and danish. And of course milk, juice and coffee.

If you want to stay at the lake it's still a decent deal. If we weren't wanting to use the pool and fitness center, I probably would have just gone to the new Super 8 off Pierpont Exit of I68, where my wheeling and dealing skills get me king suites from a guy I kinda know there for $58 including tax.

Or if I would have known I would be paying a $10 upgrade for a king suite, I probably would have gone to Spring Hill Marriot down off the Sabraton exit of I68, where I can get the state government rate of $68/night plus tax. For a new hotel with a new pool and little gym, much closer to my family and town.

Morgantown is a tough market for hotel deals, for whatever reason....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]