Hotwire Hotel: hotwire 5*, la defense, paris

peter6622
By peter6622,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There is nothing to check the current HOTWIRE customer % rating against, so it isn't a reliable indicator of a particular property.

If you need help trying to ID a particular listing, please provide the full details of the listing, including dates of travel, price per night before taxes/fees, star rating, zone and full list of amenities, including any accessible amenities (you can find the full list easily by going to BiddingHelper.com and clicking HOTWIRE EASY VIEW.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

okay, at BiddingHelper.com shown:

@hotwire easy view button only this one:

la defense - neuilly

20 to 21 may 2016

114 USD per night per room

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

@hotwire button there are two hotels shown:

the one above at 114$ (90% recommended)

and

another at 126$ per night per room (95% recommended)

what I am interested in is: which one is (for sure) the sofitel???

thanks for helping

which one is (for sure) the sofitel???

We can't see the hotel name either, so nobody can say "for sure" which one (if either) is the Sofitel, but...

My guess for the 5* above is the Sofitel Paris La Defense.

I'm fairly confidence that the 'other' 5* hotel (for $126/nite) is not the Sofitel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

okay, thanks for your guess,

can you explain why you are "fairly confident" the the one at 114 USD is the sofitel?

if I am not wrong informed, there are only 2 (or 3) options for 5* in "la defense"

sofitel

pullman

and maybe

frazer suites harmony (but maybe it is only 4* and can be excluded) - I definetely must be safe not to get there!

so if it would be "relatively sure" that the 114 USD is the sofitel (means that the 126 USD must be the pullman)

it would also mean that (at hotwire) the "90% recommended" must be the sofitel (and the 95% the pullman).

then it would be clear and I could risk to book the "90% recommended" on hotwire deal to come to the sofitel.

thanks for your help and sorry for my english.

can you explain why you are "fairly confident" the the one at 114 USD is the sofitel?

My best guess for the first one is the Sofitel, my 'fairly confident' comment was in regards to the other one not being the Sofitel.

For the second property, HOTWIRE shows this property has having a 4.0/5.0 TA rating, whereas the Sofitel has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

okay, understood.

thanks a lot for your help.

I have to think about it and let you know if i will book via HOTWIRE.

p.s.

one last question:

I remember that tere was a hotwire 30$ discount for 4* and 5* this february.

do you think that was something "unique" or is there a good chance for something

like that (as there is time enough to wait a little until reservation).

IF there is a discount offered i doubt it will be that deep... and while you wait, the current offer could go up in price and/or disappear entirely.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide for this trip.

okay, thanks again for your advice.

I think about it (and a quick decision).

I just realised that HOTWIRE there is additional tax&fee to pay compared to PRICELINE EXPRESS deal where the price shown is included tax&fee.

so it probably would be cheaper @priceline "express deal".

but there is only one 5* at la defense offered at priceline "express deal".

price shown is 94 euro (101$) per night 20-22 may.

would you identify it also as the "sofitel"?

anyway, in total I need 4 nights (and the 2 days bevor or after 20-22 may) are much more expensive (too much for me).

do you think there is a chance to get 18-20 or 22-24 may below 130euro/night with NYOP?

thanks.

p.s. if its not the sofitel but the pullman it would be also okay.

but there is only one 5* at la defense offered at priceline "express deal".

Please include the amenities associated with this offer.

in total I need 4 nights (and the 2 days bevor or after 20-22 may) are much more expensive (too much for me).

do you think there is a chance to get 18-20 or 22-24 may below 130euro/night with NYOP?

I'm guessing the lower rates you're seeing for May 20-22 are do to it being a weekend (almost no business travelers, who are usually price insensitive since company pays the bill), so fewer demand typically translates to lower prices.

Are you willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and change hotels mid-trip?

okay,

@priceline

2 nights (20-22 may)

80 euro per night (fri-sun)

double or twin bed (classic room)

plus taxes and fees 27,66 euro

total: 187,66 euro

5* Hotel la defense

guest score 8.0

amenities:

pets allowed

free internet

Business Center

Fitness center

restaurant

that would be great (if ist the sofitel)!?

yes, probably I would book the above 2 nights and, separately (maybe by NYOP)

the 2 nights before (18-20) or after (22-24) to get 4 days in a row at the sofitel (or pullman).

I know that the other 2 nights will be more expensive than 187,66 euro but it should be not

more than 260 euro in total - otherwire it will be no Option to do it like this.

thanks for helping

I see this PRICELINE EXPRESS but unfortunately i'm unable to see any differences between the two that would enable to make an educated guess as to which one might be more likely then the other.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

okay, thanks so far.

if I understood right then you can``t say if the...

@priceline

2 nights (20-22 may)

80 euro per night (fri-sun)

double or twin bed (classic room)

plus taxes and fees 27,66 euro

total: 187,66 euro

5* Hotel la defense

...is the sofitel or the pullman.

but can you say that it must be one of the two?

(as when looking @priceline "unblinded", there are only these two 5*hotels in "la defense"offered (both at 144 euro per night that dates)).

or can there be any "surprise" (like "frazer suites")?

anyway, I have to think about it.

I would prefer the sofitel but if its not "clear" at priceline express deals to get there I think I will not risk.

would you say it is a good idea to try it with NYOP?

I have never did that before (and in case would need some basics about it).

what I am thinking is...IF the above offered @priceline express deals WOULD be the sofitel, then

maybe they would give same price via NYOP!? means...

I could start biding i.e. at 75 euro/night (or 150 for the 2 night) up to 80 euro (160 euro). IF it would be the

sofitel they probably give it at 80 (160) euro as its the same price then above with "express deal".

..and if they dont give it at 80 (160) euro...it might be higher in price....means the above offered @express deal

IS NOT THE SOFITEL.

am I thinking right or is it more tricky?

thanks

P.S.

...and since yesterday there is an new situation:

it could be possible that I have to look not only for 2 person,

but for 2 and 1 child (11 years).

and the decision if 2 or 2+ will be done just before the trip (in may).

therefore it might be better to make a reservation (where ever) for 2+,

looking for a good and not to expensive hotel with no or less additional fee

for the child and no matter if its 2 or 2+ in the end.

I found some offers without additional costs for child (<12 years) but I guess

no way to realize with hotwire or priceline deals.

okay,

@hotwire

searching for 2a/1c

there is the same price than when searching 2a

(about 210 euro including taxes)

for the 90%recommended (which you guessed to be the sofitel).

does that mean that there will be a third bed in the room (for the child)

or only that there is no extra charge when a child sleeps in the same room

(means only one double bed or twin beds in the room)?

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]