Hotwire Hotel: Whistler booking

ibh02
By ibh02,
in

Hi there,

I'm planning a vacation in Whistler, Canada between Feb 11 - 17, 2006. It will be two nights/3days. Anytime in that week is good. I just need the cheapest date I can find for the accomodations.

My choices are as follows:

www.priceline.com

www.hotwire.com

www.Hotels.com

www.Expedia.com

www.whistlerblackcomb.com

Hotel direct?

Any suggestion as which site will be the best for bookings? I'm looking for 4 star or resort accomodation. What price range will I be looking at? Also, can the rooms accomodate 4 people?

Thanks for your help

If you bid for a 4 star or resort... do you think you can make it for $125-150 USD? Since, if you took a look at the bidding strategy and entered the amount, it won't complain if it's more than $120USD. It complains that there is a small chance if less than $120USD for those dates.

First, are you comfortable bidding for a room for quad occupancy when only double occupancy is guaranteed?

-Yes, I guess, they usually give 2 queen size beds in a room...

Second, ignore priceline's "low chance" message.

-ok

Third, what is the best rate you can find for a 4* or Resort for the timeframe you are looking for?

So far, about $200 USD...from priceline, other sites are showing around the same rate in Canadian dollars.. so I guess if I do bid, I could try for $150 USD because of this estimate

we are currently in the planning stages and will not bid yet.

Although, we are thinking if it's better to just go through regular bookings through company website or through priceline.

Although the problem with priceline is , it only guarantees 2 ppl and that might be a problem

I'll probably go traditional then.

do you think it's possible to get $100 USD on priceline for those dates? I can just book a couple rooms at that rate...

The "issues" you are still debating were all discussed at the beginning of this thread, and we asked you if you were comfortable moving foward with the double vs. quad occupancy.

This should all not be new information to you, as it is the same discusssion that was brought up in your PRICELINE LAS VEGAS THREAD.

We have already done a fair amount of research on this stay already given the vagueness of your plans (ie- any two days between x and y for a 4* or Resort) which involved looking at many combinations... now your bringing up an 'obstacle' which was talked about at the beginning of this thread and are no longer only looking at 4* or Resort properties. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]