Priceline Hotel: Indy help this weekend

DewChugr
By DewChugr,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Itasca Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please post the PRICELINE name on the zones you're willing to stay in.

You can't bid on a specific hotel with free parking when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If free parking is a must is it better to look at PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE for the "Free Parking" amenity.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

I'm looking for something preferably on the north east side by the malls...

To avoid any confusion as what is 'by the malls', please look at the PRICELINE map and let us know which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been looking at Hotwire and priceline sites and there seem to be better deals downtown at least for the buy now rooms. Iam seeing a 4.5 star for $88 a 3.5 star for $77 and a 3 star for 83. These are all in the downtown Indy location on the map which is a decent area. I'd rather if I could find out what hotels they might be so I can avoid paying for parking and internet. We're going shopping in the north east part of indy Sat and the zoo on Sun so downtown would work well, I expected it to be quite a bit more than the suburb area but that does not seem to be the case. For those prices I could do buy now or bid and be happy.

Thank you

If there are a couple of Hot.wire listings of interest, please provide the full, complete details of the listings (including amenities, star rating, zone, price per night before taxes/fees) and we would be happy to try to ID.

Also, you can look at the Hotwire Hotel List for Indiana.

4.5 star Downtown Indianapolis area hotel 90% recommended by Hotwire guest

$136* $89 per night

Free Internet, Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired

From your list this looks to me like it would have to be the Westin or Hyatt which both have parking fees, but either one would be a nice stay. In my experience the Westins usually make better online deals. Do you think I could bid downtown on PL and get any better deal.

I don't really know about the ones below. I'd be fine with a hotel in the Fishers or Carmel are like a comfort suites or Holiday Inn type but even the 2.5 star hotels in that area are showing over 150 on HW. I don't know if bidding would get me down to 80ish.

3.5 star Downtown Indianapolis area hotel 85% recommended by Hotwire guest

$144* $78 per night

Free Internet, Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms, Accessible for visually impaired

3 star Downtown Indianapolis area all-suites hotel 85% recommended by Hotwire guest

$125* $84 per night

Free breakfast, Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms

Thanks for all of the help. I have all kinds of blocking software on my firefox but I am switching to opera to use your links. :)

...both have parking fees, but either one would be a nice stay. In my experience the Westins usually make better online deals.

At $136/nite are you willing to pay a parking fee on top of this rate?

Do you think I could bid downtown on PL and get any better deal.

If you bid on PRICELINE you won't be able to guess as to the hotel offered before your purchase and/or know if there is free parking and/or free internet.

...even the 2.5 star hotels in that area are showing over 150 on HW. I don't know if bidding would get me down to 80ish.

Both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are an 'opaque' service, so while discounts on PRICELINE of 50% are not unheard of, these are discounts from regular retail rates and not discounts from HOTWIRE's 'opaque' rate. Generally speaking bidding on PRICELINE is a little cheaper then HOTWIRE... and PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE are usually pretty close to each other.

So back to your original issue... are Free Parking and/or Free Internet must have's or wants. If a want, how much would you be willing to pay for a hotel that may have additional charges for Parking and/or Internet?

In any 'Downtown' area you should expect there to be an additional charge for parking.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At $136/nite are you willing to pay a parking fee on top of this rate?

The 136 was the regular price, the $89 was the HOTWIRE price, plus whatever parking fees they have. Looking at what the prices are on the northeast side vs what they are downtown, even with the parking fee it looks like this might be my best deal and seems decent for downtown.

I may try a bid in the Keystone area for a 3 star or higher just to see if I can score a good deal first. The list you have shows those hotels to be pretty nice.

So if bidding for a 3* in the Keystone area, what would be your maximum bid? (knowing that parking and/or internet may be additional)

I doubt that $80 will be enough for a 3* in the Keystone at the Crossing zone, but if you want to give it a shot you can try as follows:

When bidding 3* in the Indianapolis region you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Keystone at the Crossing...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected i do think you will be successful in the Downtown zone (and possibly at the 3.5* and/or 4* levels)... but as per above, parking will be extra.

Let us know how it goes, and if rejected how you'd like to proceed, and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]