Priceline Hotel: Newbie - Help needed!

unknown
By unknown,
in

Hi, I am looking for a hotel for Friday the 27th January in central london somewhere....From

what I have seen it seems Thistle Marble Arch is a good bet....I want to get a price

somewhere in the region of $60-70 which seems to be what people have getting....Do i need to

go through priceline.com instead of priceline.co.uk? Anyone got any suggestions as to how

best to bid as I have never used priceline before....

Thanking you in advance,

Unknown

Hi Unknown,

Are you UK based? If so then you may prefer to use the UK site to avoid currency exchange etc on your credit card. This board does not get any credit from the UK site (I think, Thereuare will confirm) so to compensate you can make a paypal payment should you wish. If you are US based then I would enter via Savingsbarn and use the US site.

The Thistle Charing Cross looks like another good one that comes up but is in Mayfair Soho area and normally requires a higher bid.

Hope this helps

yes i am UK based...am not sure whether to use priceline.co.uk or priceline.com though...just waiting to get my friends credit card as my debit card is not accepted...If i do use the UK site I would be more than happy to make a paypal payment to the site..if someone tells me how :)

with regards to my bid...any suggestions as to how best to proceed as I do not have long left..

Thanks in advance

I have friends in the UK and in Germany who use the priceline.com site. It seems that Priceline.co.uk does not allow you to "Name Your Own Price" as the States site does.

I just landed the Thistle Marble Arch. Request the Bloomsbury/Marble Arch area. I began by requesting a 5* hotel for $55.00. Of course I was rejected. Then I added 4* raised my bid to $60 and voila. We have the Thistle Marble Arch for $60 per night.

With the tax and service charge it brings it to around 72.00 per night. A great deal for London!

Of course you must remember that the priceline website will tell you, you have no chance whatsoever of getting a hotel at the $60 price, so disregard that page. We know better ;-)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]