Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) The Westin Maui Resort and Spa

lightrules
By lightrules,
in

Looking for a hotel in Kaanapali for 10/14-10/17. When I check PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals, it shows a 4-star hotel for $190 that essentially matches the Hyatt Regency Maui. It lists all the pet requirements and fees exactly as listed here at BB. It also shows the resort fee as $90 ($30/night). But when I go to NYOP for a 4-star hotel, the resort fee is $92.50.

Is this possibly the same hotel with slightly differing resort fees? Do fees differ between PRICELINE EXPRESS and NYOP? Or is this guaranteed to be a different hotel?

Thanks...

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Do fees differ between Express and NYOP?

Yes, many times are the rates different from the original fee. This goes for for both NYOP and PRICELINE EXPRESS so you shouldn't compare them and base you guess on that.

I replicated your search and I see a 4*/$190 W/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center

If this is what you see would my guess be Hyatt Regency Maui.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

I read your first post again and realized that my answer was a bit vague.

Is this possibly the same hotel with slightly differing resort fees?

Yes, it could be the same hotel but it could also be a different one.

Or is this guaranteed to be a different hotel?

No, but it could be

do you think the NYOP is also the Hyatt even though the resort fee is a few dollars different? Could they still be the same hotel?

2X Yes, many times are the rates different from the original fee. This goes for for both NYOP and PRICELINE EXPRESS so you shouldn't compare them and base you guess on that.

We can't guess the outcome for the NYOP service since you're not bidding on a specific hotel and any details provided are applicable to all hotels of that star rating in the zone. Also, the resort fees for NYOP can be really off since it's only an estimate and a 'worst case scenario'.

I'm really trying to get the Hyatt for the pool for my kids.

Your best bet would be to go with the PRICELINE EXPRESS. I wouldn't gamble with NYOP in this zone.

I hope this answer your thoughts/questions?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

To further expand on the resort fee issue...

On the bidding side of PRICELINE the resort fee is the maximum resort fee charged in the zone. So if there are three hotels in the zone at the same star rating and each charges the following resort fee:

Hotel A $25

Hotel B $30

Hotel C no resort fee

The 'preview your bid' page will show a resort fee of $30, but the hotel you ultimately receive could have a $30 resort fee, a $25 resort fee, or no resort fee at all.

At this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not even checked inventory for your dates, so they don't know which hotel it is that you may receive and what the resort fee would be (if any)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the hotel you want is currently offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS and is a good deal vs. a conventionally booked room, you may want to make your decision sooner rather than later as the current offer could disappear (or the price can change) at any time.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

my impression was that it was best to purchase within the final 30 days of travel.

There's no such thing as "best time to book". Everything is about supply and demand. The good deals are the one that disappears first. Waiting to book can end with that the deal disappears or the rates increase. Sure, the rates might decrease if you wait but are you willing to gamble and get a different hotel and/or at a higher rate? 

Yellowdog.

• 1 month later...

We're about 2 weeks away from Maui and I need 3 nights (10/14-10/17). I've been keeping my eye on PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals and one hotel that comes up every so often is:

4 Star Hotel in Ka'anapali - Lahaina Area for $188/night

8+ Guest Rating

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Cost breakdown:

$188/night

Room Subtotal: $564.00

Taxes & Fees: $109.02

Total Price: $673.02

So this is not the 3 usual suspects (Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin Resort & Spa) because there's no resort fee. I THINK it's the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas because it has NO resort fee and this is another 4-star hotel that comes up for PL.

Any thoughts or confirmation of this? It is significantly lower priced because it does not have a resort fee, parking fee, or even cleaning fee (given that it's a "villa"). The pool looks great too so I'm all for it for my family if it really is. Reviews are excellent for the Westin Kaanapali ORV's.

BTW, it comes up when I search 9/30 - 10/3, for example. I'm waiting to see if it will show up for my dates. But my aim here is to find out which hotel this is!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

If you look at the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers in our Priceline Hotel List that have been reported to the board in this zone the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas has previously been seen with this amenity set, so that would be my best guess for this one.

However, going forward please only ask for assistance with hotels that are appearing for your dates and which you're ready to purchase, as there is little value researching properties that appear for dates other then your own and that you're hoping to appear for your dates (just as it's not worth researching hotels if you're not ready to move forward and commit to the purchase as the offer could disappear at any time and may not be offered once you're ready to purchase)

Let us know what you decide to do or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the hotel and deal received and are looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Priceline Express Deal listed only these 3 amenities before purchase:

Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

It was also a "Guest Favorite" with an 8+ rating.

From all my research, if you see these 3 amenities and the $31.25/day resort fee, it's the Westin Maui Resort & Spa.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the hotel and deal received and are looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]