in

Bidding strategy--

On Sunday night--

105 4* MTW

115 4* MTW, UM

125 4* MTW, UM, UES

135 4* MTW, UM, UWS

all rejected

(Was saving MTE for later rebid--dh wanted to wait on this and not end up at UN hotel).

Tuesday bid--

142 3* MTW, counteroffer to bid 22 higher

Closed browser

148 3*, MTW, UM accepted! Shoreham hotel, 3 * MTW

Great location for us and our plans. I am going to see if there are reviews here, but would love to hear any!

Used Savingsbarn link.

Congratulations on your winning bid.

Thank you for sharing it with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

My cousin stayed here a few years ago and liked it very much. If i'm not mistaken it has a european feel (free cappuccino machine in the lobby) and is a bit on the 'boutiquey' side of things. The hotel got some a few bad comments from some priceline users in the past as their standard rooms (which is what priceline users get) only have one bed in them, so users who wanted two beds were upset and being offered such for an additional charge. Other than the one bed/two bed issue, i have heard good things about this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our stay. It was really nice. I will post this in the review section as well, but just wanted to keep with the thread.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was very attentive. I had not called ahead to request NS or a room type, but when we checked in, she said that she had upgraded us to a double--two beds and more room. I asked if it was NS, and it was not, so she moved us at our request to a regular Q room. It was quiet. The room was smallish, but standard for NYC. The bathroom was big and not cramped as some are. Everything seemed very new. The toiletries were Aveda and there was a bathrobe in the room. The coffee machine in the lobby frothed milk, ground the beans fresh, and also had hot water for tea or hot chocolate.

The location was wonderful--sort of between MTE and MTW.

I would be pleased if I got that hotel again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]