Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Boston Medford & Cambridge Waterfront

Plebian
By Plebian,
in

Would like help IDing both. Staying Wed-Fri Sept. 2-5.    Also if anyone knows Boston well, please comment on the locations.

$125/night Cambridge Waterfront Charlestown Area Hotel
4 Star
80 percent recommend Good
222 Total Reviews
Complimentary: Free Internet
Amenities:  Business center   Fitness center   Indoor pool(s)   Pet friendly   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry

BIDDING HELPER FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

My guess? The Hyatt. However, one poster stated got the  4* Royal Sonestra in this zone. He did not give amenities in his post:(  Could it be the Sonestra, because I don't see it as a 4* in the official list. 

Location questions: Will this get us close enough to Cambridge to enjoy the shops and restaurants? Or would we still be walking pretty far? 

$144/night Medford –Somerville area Hotel
85 percent recommend
23 total reviews

Complimentary: Free Internet   Free breakfast   Free parking

Amenities:  Airport shuttle   Business center   Fitness center   Pet friendly   Self-service laundry

BIDDING HELPER FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

My guess? LaQuinta.

The Royal Sonesta is in the Hotwire Hotel List at the 4.5* level (the last known star rating for this property).

My guess for the 4* Cambridge Waterfront property would be the Hyatt Regency Cambridge.

I'm not currently seeing the Meford-Somervile property when searching for your dates... are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/2children?

Is your goal of this trip to most see/explore the Cambrdige area OR more of 'downtown' Boston?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, Thanks so much for your quick reply.

We did request 1 room/ 2 adults one child. I just ran the search again (using your regular Hotwire QuickQuote link). I found the Medford zone property, same price $144. The Cambridge Watertown property is now $130 instead of $125.

As to the Sonesta, this thread from byron512, September 23, 2014 states:

4* Boston (East Cambridge - Charlestown) Royal Sonesta

$154 9/19/14-9-21/14

(I am not sure if it is okay to include links in this forum, so I won't. But I can add a link to the thread if needed.)

Our primary travel goal is to see some colleges in the Boston area and they are all over the place. Will need some freeway access both to go north and to go west.  Have been to Boston, but it's been a long time.

Reasons for choosing Cambridge zones-- Would like to wander through Harvard too but not do an official tour there; we had hoped to spend the evenings in the Harvard Square area. With the parking costs for this area, the Cambridge property would be a little more, but not a big difference in price. 

Thanks for any help!

There are more recent HOTWIRE wins for the Royal Sonesta, both HERE and HERE, where this property is 4.5* rate. The Hotwire Hotel List will always have the most recently updated information that has been reported to the board.

The Bedford-Somverville property is 2.5* rated? If so, my best guess for that one would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites Somerville-Boston.

If you're looking to spend time in Harvard Square in the evenings, why not look at the Cambridge-Harvard zone rather than in the Cambridge-Waterfront area?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would imagine anything near a T stop will suit your needs as you could easily catch the T each evening for the time you want to spend in Harvard Square (ideally on/near the Red line which stops at Harvard Square)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help along the way.

• 2 months later...

Ultimately we decided we wanted to be in Cambridge or further in Boston than the Medford choice. The Hyatt option was probably our best choice for price but then I found a better option on Travel.ocity.  Even with parking, the Courtyard by Marriott cost less and included breakfast.  

However, I did go by the Hyatt as well and it also looked really nice.  And anyone looking to stay at the hotels in the immediate vicinity should note that there's a Trader's Joe's and a gas station right there. It is a great general base for college hunting.

While I did not use the Hotwire option on this occasion, this website still really helped me in my lodgings search. Thanks so much to all who responded.

Glad to see you found something that works well for your plans and thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

In the future, when PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate bookings, or the links in our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies (including Travelocity)

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]