Bidding for US Hotel from UK

Mollymoo
By Mollymoo,
in

I am in England. How can I use Priceline to bid on hotels in Las Vegas/New York? If I try and use the US site, I cannot put a UK address in and if I try and use the UK site and search for a hotel in the US, it tells me to go to the US site so I am not getting anywhere fast. I wondered if using the tips for a Canadian bidder would work okay by putting a partial UK address in and a US state along with a ZIP code? Are addresses checked when you register at your hotel? Would either my Mastercard or Visa be accepted?

Any other tips on bidding from the UK would be appreciated.

Regards :)

Yes, you can bid on Priceline.com from UK.

I have done this successfully and I am UK based.

Follow the advice for Canadian bidders.

Priceline Canada

There should be some other posts that relate to UK and other countries, I think. They do not check your ZIP code or phone you but I actually use a US relatives details (ZIP and phone no) just because I know it.

I must admit it is a bit scary using Priceline at first and if you are bidding for US hotels I would recommend using Priceline.com and the Savingsbarn link to support this board. If you use Priceline.co.uk for UK bookings then you can support the board directly with a paypal payment. There are not a lot of hotels listed in UK outside London but I know that there have been some excellent wins in London and at the airports. Be careful to check what currency you are bidding in.

Good luck

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]