NJ Princeton Wyndham Forrestal Village

bofnyc
By bofnyc,
in

Not sure if this should be posted elsewhere...if yes, I apologize. I've stayed at the Harrison Conference Center, which is listed as a 3 star in the Trenton-Princeton area on Priceline, on 2 occasions, both through Priceline. I believe I was able to get a room for roughly $50 last time. This is nowhere near a 3 star hotel--it's a 2 star at best. But my warning relates to a stay I had there with my wife last summer. The hotel has bed bugs, and we managed to bring them home with us from the hotel. If you've read any articles about bed bugs you know that they are making a "comeback" and frequently are "transported" from hotels to homes in luggage, etc. Anyway, I'll spare you all the details but suffice it to say this caused 6 months of absolute hell and our home was infested. I contacted the hotel and they just continued to deny that the problem came from them, but I know for a fact it did (insect bites started appearing the day after we stayed). In short, be very very careful...that goes for any and all hotels but especially this place. If they had them in one room, it's very safe to assume that they have them elsewhere. Bed bugs are nearly impossible to get rid of. Trust me, I know. Good luck!

• 2 years later...

The last review I saw for this hotel was in 2006, so I thought I'd add an update. It came up through a last minute bid for a room north of Trenton. He reports that the hotel is okay; a bit old, but it's obvious there is a new owner who is upgrading. His room was very comfortable, brand new carpet and furniture. In fact, the only complaint he had was the smell of the heating system.

• 3 years later...

Once you get over the difficult time you have getting here you notice that

This hotel is HUGE! It has an indoor pool and POOL TABLES, and fooz ball and table tennis. Adults were playing pool all night. Fitness room too of course. Many places to hang out on multiple floors with large oversized comfy furniture.

but...since Ive been here its been a bit of a nightmare.

first, given a room with one bed, then after given a room with 2 beds, the keys didn't work

then I checked the room and the sheets were NASTY!! with poop on it gross and something was obviously missing from the room as the wall was vacant where furniture should have been there???

After given another room I checked my bed and was satisfied so I started my bath. Grrr, the tub thingy was broken and i cut my finger, boo hoo. Next I got dressed and my daughter said HER sheets were NASTY!! after looking with the lights on she was right. SHe is not one to complain so ya know they were gross. (she is 8 yrs old and very tired wanting to sleep) SO I gave her "my" bed and went to make me some tea in the bathroom. THe coffee machine was not working and I got a zap in my 2 right fingers and ALL the power went out of the room. (NEver had this happen before). My daugher was so scared she was panicking to leave the room. Once we got that squared away the Keys did not work again (after using the keys once they would not work again, I exchanged keys 4 times and finally just gave up) Then wanting to use the internet guess what? NO wireless, you gotta use the wire on the Desk or go to the lobby for wireless.. Oh I forgot the best part... the note in the bathroom says there will be NO water from 11 am to 5 pm tommorrow. I was thinking of staying another night but Now that is OUT of the question!!

Breakfast is $12 per person, YIKES, what happened to children discounts? At least the parking was free! and plentiful.

.I would come her again, if i can find it again. :)

I just wanted to update this thread as Ive just stayed here and if it has been renamed the Wyndham Forrestal Conference Center, then it has been taken over by the "Holiday Inn, Ramada" brand some time recently. My post is in 2011. You can tell that it has been remodeled. It is a huge hotel and is now being offered as a 3.5 * and the TOP of the "ramada" hotel line.

Now saying the above, I can tell you that I do believe this hotel either has or had some type of "bedbug" problem in the past or present as I just returned a room in which you can see some evidence of that, ie blood stains on the wall and small insects by the outlets. I have moved my room and do not plan on staying another night but just beware. Just because it has been renamed doesnt mean that the bugs KNOW that! Not sure if this hotel ever treated for bedbugs, butt Just be careful is all I can say.

The sheets were not that clean in either rooms and even requested "clean" sheets were somewhat dirty which is another bad sign for me.

The beds were not comfortable eand even my 8 yr old complained of her "dirty" bed.

You can see my review of this hotel too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]