Hotwire Hotel: 4* Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage-Cathedral City) Westin Mission Hills Vi

pjy
By pjy,
in

i found this on hotwire for only $125/night during the last week of Jan. 2006 and it almost sounded too good to be true. has anybody bid for this condo? can you give me some info?

4-star condo in Rancho Mirage - Cathedral City This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See condo details

Thanks for the welcome...really glad that i came across this website.

Anyway, it says you get all this below (sorry about the length) for $125/night from Jan 30-Feb 4.

Which is funny because another deal has a 2-star condo in Central Palm Springs for $189/night...

Looking through this forum, it would seem that Hotwire only uses trustworthy hotels, but for $125/night during what seems to be peak season seems to good to be true.

It's just that I have to rent out 4 rooms at that rate for that entire week for guests. total comes to around $2700. i just wanted to make sure before making the final bid.

Condo Amenities

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Kitchenette

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Daily Housekeeping

Air Conditioning

In-Room Laundry

Spa Services

Fitness Center

Free Parking

24-hour Front Desk

High-speed Internet Access

Children's Activity Program

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Laundry Facilities

Boutique Hotel

I'm really not sure what property this could be, as Condo properties are often hard to find since not all of them are listed with the 'mainstream' suppliers. The Doral Princess keeps showing up on my radar screen when looking for the amenities above, but not sure how 'boutique' this property is.

Here is an idea, since this seems to be a better deal than you can get elsewhere....

If you're group is willing to change properties after the first nite, make sure this property shows up for 4 rooms the first nite and then four rooms for the balance of your stay. If so book the 4 rooms for the first nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'... if you're happy with the price for the property go ahead and book the remaining nites, if not, deal with the proeprty for one nite and make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

If you're not willing to change properties, you coudl also do the above, but only book one room for the first ntie... if you're not happy, 'eat' the one nite room charge and make alternate palns for the trip (yes, if you need to 'walk away' from the one nite it will cost you the price paid, but at least it's not $2700;) )

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I took your advice and bid for one night only.

For the one night on Jan 30, it turned out to be $120/night.

For the remainder of the week from 1/31-2/4 it was $128/night.

Anyway, it turned out to be a Westin Resort.

I took a look at their website and their price was at least $239/night so I'm pretty happy with the savings.

Thanks again for the tips.

4* Rancho Mirage - Cathedral City, CA (nearby Palm Springs)

Westin Mission Hills Villas

7177 Dinah Shore Drive

Rancho Mirage, California 92270

(760) 202-6228

$120/night on 1/30-1/31

$128/night on 1/31-2/4

Condo Amenities

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Kitchenette

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Daily Housekeeping

Air Conditioning

In-Room Laundry

Spa Services

Fitness Center

Free Parking

24-hour Front Desk

High-speed Internet Access

Children's Activity Program

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Laundry Facilities

Boutique Hotel

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]