Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (North Strip) Venetian

Porkfriedrice
By Porkfriedrice,
in

Hi,

I'm new here, and first off, I love this site. I had a feeling something like this would exist, and was psyched to find out it does!

Anyway, I'm going to Vegas 4 nights May 25 -29 2006. Am too nervous about 4 star hotels, since some of them aren't 4 stars to me. Assuming 5 Star is Venetian (i'd be more than happy with the other possibility's), what would be my best strategy on Priceline? They have it listed in the mid to upper 3 hundreds, while the Veneitian's own websiste has it at $219 for each night. I'd go up to $140 or so, but of course want to pay as little as I can.

Advice?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can learn about re-bidding, and how to figure out which zones are 'safe' to add, in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

If rates remain where they are, you will not be successful at $140 or less for this stay, are you willing to SPLIT YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Let us know if you have questions regarding re-bidding, if splitting bid is an option, and we'll then suggest how to best proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'd go up to $150. Their site still has $219 for all 4 nights, so is splitting still beneficial? I thought it only made sense if the weekend rates were higher? I would feel comfortable splitting if I could stay in the same hotel and room, but I don't think I can count on that, can I? I just can't see me crawling out of bed in the middle of my trip after a hard vegas night, having to change hotels on a 100 degree day!

Perhaps. so you're split advice would be?

I would assume the best tact is to do the first splitt for the last 2 more expensive nights, knowing that if I get them, I can always get the 2 cheaper in the begining? Or, do you think $150 or so a night would do the trick?

Again, thanks for taking the time - it's very much appreciated...

I would assume the best tact is to do the first splitt for the last 2 more expensive nights...

Not necessarily... are you willing to change hotels during your stay? If you're not, i wouldn't even try splitting the bid.

Is your objective to get the Venetian for whatever nites you can (within your budget) OR are you looking for the best hotel you can get without having to change hotels at all?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm doubtful that you'll have success at your maximum bid.

You may find that direct rates for 4* hotels are above your $150/nite
Have you yet looked in to what you will pay for a 4* booking direct? (since you commented that there are some 4* properties you wouldn't want)

I think it may will cost you more than your $150 budget, so you may want to look into your best rate without the opaque providers, and if it is indeed more than $150, adjust your maximum bid accordingly.

I'm watching this conversation intently, since I'm beginning the planning for 5/26-29 and am voraciously scouring every available website for the best deals.

We are not as particular as porkfriedrice. We are looking for a Strip property under $150 with a pool; right now we have found rates at Tropicana and Flamingo under $120. However, we would love to get a 5* for around $150; there had been some doubt as to whether that would be possible. Since we are willing to split our time, would you suggest going for a specific night? Friday and Sunday seem just about even, with Sunday being a bit cheaper, and Saturday is just out of control.

(By the way, Hotline seems to have Paris or Aladdin at $128 and MGM at $151, which are both tempting as well.)

Anyway, keep up the responses and I'll be reading to see what people were able to grab! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have Mandalay Bay booked at $171/night with a 72 hour cancellation policy. I've stayed at MB many times, like it overall, but it's at the end of the strip and the room service isn't up to snuff. That said, I would really like to stay at a 5* for once. I guess I'd pay up to $170 for Venetian.

I also figure if the V doesn't work out, I can fall back on HW and get Paris or something comprable for under $150.

You can get close to $170/nite for the Veneitian (within $25/nite or so), but i don't see any way possible to currently get under that figure.

However, rates in Vegas change quickly and rapidly, so if you see any decreases (or even an increase) let us know as there might be some ways to 'fanangle' this after a price change.

Well I'm still trying, but getting increasingly frustrated (but hopefully closer too)

I bid and rebid today 3x

first $170

then $175

and then $176

The price on PL has bounced from $222 up to $262 and now down to $222 again.

HW has been bouncing between $192 - $208

I've been mindful to only bid when they have the lower price point.

Last time PL offered $202 in my rejection note, which is $10 more than I can have on HW...

What's my next move?

Thanks again

Doug

Okay, let's put this one in the books. Waited for the 72 hours. It was listed on HW at $197, and PL at $222

I bid $180 and got the Veneitan for 4 nights, starting May 25 - (check in th, check out mon)

Went into PL through Savings Barn, so I hope that helps you guys. I appreciate all the help and without a doubt will be using this site again and again to guide me through my trips.

Thanks again!

Great, glad you got this one settled... and at a pretty good price considering the holiday weekend.

Thank you for updating us on your results and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bid.

We'll see you soon for your next trip :)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]