Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USW) Villa Florence

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Wow. Must be somethign going on in town during those dates or perhaps the lenght of my stay and the included weekend was an issue. Had to work a bit on this one.

Started with Union Square East 4* at $60 and used multiple free rebids until I finally added Union Square West and topped out at $85 (did not add Fisherman's Wharf which has 4* as I have no desire to stay there).

Started again with 3* at $45 for USW, added Civic Ctr (2.5 *) for free rebid at $52 and then tried USE at $60 and failed again (did not want to risk 3* Cathedral Hill zone after reading reviews for Cathedral Hill Hotel).

Thought about waiting 72 hours and starting again but decided to open up my earlier 4* bid to add Boutique rating and drop offer to $70 - this would get me USW or USE.

Score!!! Got the Villa Florence on Powell Street. Great location and the lowest Web Special rate they ahve for direct booking those dates is $149. This is a Kimpton Group property - I've stayed on their Union Square Hotel Triton property previously and also at their Vintage Park location in Seattle. Kimpton does a great hjob and has consistently good and friendly service. This trip unlike much of my travel is strictly R & R - very glad for this win!

Wow. Must be somethign going on in town during those dates or perhaps the lenght of my stay and the included weekend was an issue. Had to work a bit on this one.

You're catching the tail end of the Macworld Expo. I'm trying for a hotel right before the Expo and am running into a similar problem. I think the Renaissance will bite for around $80 but I have gotten nothing in the usually successful $70-75 range.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]