Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark (Meadowlands-Rutherford) Homestead Suites

laredo
By laredo,
in

No luck with priceline, however, what zone on Hotwire would I find that Doubletree or Hyatt? I'm looking for someplace for my son and his friend who are going to NYC 12/30-1/2. I want them to be able to commute to the city but also be able to get to Giants stadium for the Bills game. Any advice??

My dates are 12/30-1/2. I noticed the Hilton in Times Sq. 4* coming up a lot in the 110-120 range. I bid up to 112 and went down to a 2* at 90. My son and his friend are arriving at JFK and going to the Bills/Jets game during that time. They are both on a budget, but was hoping not to stay at a hostel. They will be using bus/subway transportation so I wanted to make it a place that they could hop on a bus or subway and either come into the city or get to the giants stadium without a big expense. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Just won 2* Homestead Suites, E. Rutherford, 3 nts. for $61 bid. (219.00 total with taxes & fees). After reading the reviews on trip advisor and calling the hotel all day only to get a message that the front desk isn't open--I called priceline and told them I bid the wrong zone hoping to cancel. They offered me a one time fee of $25 cancellation if I rebid the same dates within 7 days. If no hotel accepts my new offer, I would be charged $75 if I cancel the reservation. In hindsight, any advice. The reservation is for my college aged son and his friend who are going to the Bill/Jets game on 1/1/06 at the Giants Stadium. Should I try to rebid and if yes, what zones and price? Thanks (Would bid up to $75)

what are your dates of travel? We may be able to offer a bidding strategy if dates are provided.

Please list the address of the property as there are two Homestead Studio

Suites in the Measowlands area. Is it the following:

Homestead Studio Suites Meadowlands - East Rutherford

300 State Hwy., Rte. 3 E.

East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Why do you want to cancel this reservation? Tripadvisor lists only two reviews and it looks like one is fron 2002. This is a limited service hotel and the property is unattended between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. Today they may have been closed due to the Christmas Holiday. If attending a game at Giants Stadium, it is just about as close to the stadium as you can get.

I won't be back until later tonight but would welcome any info on this hotel such as where you pick up the bus to NYC, closeness to restaurants, etc.....also the cheapest way to get to the hotel from JFK. After reading reviews on other hotels in the area, I just thought this one sounded secluded. Any suggestions or reviews on this property from soneone who stayed here would be appreciated. Thank you!

The hotel has a keybox system for checking when the hotel is closed, which is what many of the limited service properties do.

The hotel is directly across from the Meadowlands so from that aspect it is convenient as it can be walked (but don't cross the highway, walk around via the overpass and be very careful doing so.

From JFK you'll need to get to NYC Port Authority and then take a bus to this property.

JFK-->Porth Authority:

-group shuttle (~$18/pp)

-train (Airtrain and then subway)

Not too much easily walkable in the way of restaurants excpet for perhaps the restaurant in the Sheraton hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Does the bus stop at this hotel or if not, how close to it? If priceline lets me rebid, should I--could I get something worse? I like the idea that it is close to the stadium, but is it going to be difficult for my son and his friend to venture out? Thanks for the directions from JFK.

Call the Sheraton Meadowlands and ask where the nearest bus stop is. (the two hotels virtually share a parking lot)

I'm not sure why you bid this zone if you're having such second thoughts... based upon your criteria, this is almost as good as you could do in regards to being close to the stadium, but it isn't close to JFK at all, and although Manhattan may be readily accessible, there really isn't anything in the immediate area that is accessible without a car.

Keep in mind that this stay includes New Year's Eve, so you can't expect deeply discounted rates in the prime locations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did call the Sheraton and the lady I spoke with said they have a shuttle service for their guests only! She said this shuttle takes them to where they can get a bus??? I asked her how far is it to get to the bus stop and she said about $15 cab fare! Is the Fairfield/Meadowlands near this hotel? In the reviews, they also have bus service right in front of the hotel. Tried once again to get a hold of someone at this place and I guess they don't answer there phone a lot! Very frustrating!!!

Does the bus stop at this hotel or if not, how close to it?
The Sheraton will use its shuttle bus to take guests to a NJ Transit bus stop in Secaucus, not very convenient in my book.
If priceline lets me rebid, should I--could I get something worse?
As far as rebidding is concerned, from your comment it sounds like you will have to cancel first, then rebid for dates that include New Year's Eve. For example, the Crowne Plaza is sold out, as well as the Amerisuites for NYE, so room inventory is tight and may not be available to Priceline. Its possible that you could get something better, worse, or nothing at all given your top bid of $75.
Is the Fairfield/Meadowlands near this hotel?
NO. The Fairfield is north of the stadium, but the bus into NYC stops right in front of the hotel (there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn, Carlstadt, NJ all close to each other with good bus service)

If you book directly, please use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding. If you want to contact the Homestead Studio Suites, you will have to wait until the morning when the front desk is staffed.

Thanks for the information. I'm still undecided if I should keep this reservation or try again. I just wish they shared the shuttle with the Sheraton so they didn't have to pay cab fare to get to the train station. I'm going to call the hotel tomorrow and see if there is a fee for 2 beds. If they charge me $30, I just might cancel and retry for something better. I'm definately staying away from 2*, but what zones should I avoid?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]