Priceline Hotel: Frankfurt in Jan 06

birdie
By birdie,
in

Hello,

This is my first time on so please bear with me. I'm looking for 1 night 4* (or even 3*) accommodation near Messe, Frankfurt. I haven't used Priceline before but want to try it as the hotel prices are sky high in Jan. I've read the tips etc. but it's all a bit confusing. Can someone who knows the area confirm whether Messe is in the west of Frankfurt? What price should I start bidding at (the hotels seem quite full and direct rates are over

Thanks for that.

I want to be close to the Fair grounds or at least to easy public transport. Would the 'west' zone be best for accessibility? Is the 'east' zone better or should I try the airport 4/3*? I have poured through several maps but I still can't tell. I checked several websites and looks like the 4* Marriott is sold out. Does anyone know what other hotel I'll likely get if I bid for 4* west?

What are the exact dates of your stay? Check out Frankfurt Courtyard Messe, if there are rooms available, you can try bidding 3* in the West zone. WillTravel got it for $45 on the first try, so you could try a bit lower at first.

There are no other 4* hotels besides Marriott reported in Frankfurt West zone, but sometimes (very rarely) Marriott has some Priceline rooms left even when it's sold out through traditional channels, so trying 4* in West shouldn't hurt. There's also a new Radisson SAS ('Blaue Scheibe' :)) just opened near the Messe, maybe it will participate in Priceline. Or you could try booking it through non-opaque channels.

Le Meridien is another 4* option if staying in the East zone is OK.

Hope it helps.

You cannot go wrong with either 4* West (Marriott) or 4* East (Meridien) bids. The Marriott is a 3min walk, the Meridien a 3 min walk and 3 tram stops from the fair (or a 15min walk). I would not recommend the Airport zone.

To get an impression on rates you could check your dates at hrs.de.

Using Priceline has been very frustrating so far. I tried the strategies suggested elsewhere on the forum, but Priceline won't let me. I bid 4* west at the equivalent of $60US - no go. Then tried to bid up but the system wouldn't till I ticked a change of date/star rating/area. So I bid 4*east at same price -no go. Same again had to click on a change of date/rating/area, and so it went till it locked me out. Am I missing something? Or is it the priceline.co.uk site?

I'm looking for one night 11th Jan. Can anyone suggest anywhere for under $US100? I would even consider a Best Western at this stage.

Checking the Marriott web-site for your one night stay, there are "No rooms available".

If you pick two nights either side of the 11th (10-12 or 11-13) then the rate is over $500 and $600 respectively.

The Le Meridien in the East PL zone has rates of over $400 for that night, but at least it's available.

A recent successful bid of $100 was made here when the best hotel rates were just below $200.

So you may not get a PL rate at all unless they release inventory at the very last minute.

Have you a cancellable back up or other plans for accomodation?

Looks like this will go down to the wire.

Good Luck and Happy Christmas :)

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]