Priceline Hotel: Louisville bidding help 10/27-29

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hello!

Would like a bidding strategy for October 27 and 28th (2 nights) in Louisville, KY. We'd like a 4* if possible, willing to bid to a 3.5* but maybe wait until a week or so before to try for that.

We currently have reserved a room at the Econo Lodge and the total with taxes and fees is coming to 311.23. If we can get a nicer hotel at that Priceline total (fees and such) price or even less, that's the goal.

We only want to stay in the downtown area (hubby not comfortable driving in cities he's not used to, and he wants to be within walking distance and does not want to take a taxi).

This may be impossible and we may end up at the Econo Lodge after all, which would be ok if we need to. Paul McCartney playing the Yum Center on the 28th and that night is making the rates high but will let you know what we end up doing.

Thank you!

Oh, forgot you want that.

Let's say maximum bid 290.

BUT lets start at $100, since most Louisville 4* wins seem to be around 75 (but I think it will be a tough win)? I can adjust up $5 every few days if it doesn't seem to be working.

and of course will always use the links. You all have been very good to me in the past. Thank you!!!!

Couldn't figure out how to edit this. It's early and I need more coffee.

Max bid would be $138.

I just ran it, starting at $100, adding non bidding zones and $5 increments (except the last at $3) and 4* only, and nothing was taken.

So based on that...let's do 4* and 3.5*, max bid of $138/night.

BUT lets start at $100, since most Louisville 4* wins seem to be around 75 (but I think it will be a tough win)?

Rates are date specific so you can't base your maximum bid amount on previous wins (especially when there is an event in town driving up rates), but rather conventional rates for your specific dates. With 4* hotels for these dates selling at nearly $300 a win at $138 or less does not seem like a high probability bet.

In Louisville at the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level there are SEVEN re-bid zones. I think you will need to be closer to the $170-$190 area to be successful, but if you want to try each up to $138 you can try as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138

If the above is rejected you can close the browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 3.5* level.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

You do have enough time before your stay to try more than once if you so desire.

Also, we have just completed BackUpBooking.com which only shows refundable rates which should help you in the future choose the best backup hotel possible. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks for the update and let us know if any changes to your plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]