Priceline Hotel: Will this free re-bidding plan work?

scottgatech
By scottgatech,
in

Hi!

I am planning to bid on Priceline soon, and wanted to check whether the following free re-bidding plan will work or not.

I will bid on 4* hotel at Seattle, WA area and I must pick a hotel from "Downtown - Financial District - Pioneer Square" area... (attending a conference on this area)

And I see that there are a few areas including "Bothell", "Des Moines," and "New castle" without 4* hotels at all... (bidding checkbox is disabled on 4* hotels)

Does this mean I can safely add these areas for re-bidding and still avoid any (small) chance to get a hotel from these (Bothell, Des Moines, New Castle, etc..) areas?

I am going to stay with my boss... so failure to get a hotel from "Downtown - Financial District - Pioneer Square" will be a real trouble for me. :-)

Please help! Thanks!

please post your date(s) for this upcoming stay.

Please read this thread to start with: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

You can use zones that don't have any 4* hotels.

The board would be happy to confirm your zones if you post them after reading the above link.

If you need help with an outlined strategy so please post your max budget/night before tax fee's.

I am going to stay with my boss

Please note that PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, after that is at the discretion of the hotel. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Whether they will/can or not depends upon a LOT of different factors, including what is available at the time of your check-in, how many rooms with two beds are offered at the hotel and what they need to accommodate other guests for your dates, hotel policy etc.

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

To take this one step further, i'll add that you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Seattle... using the method outlined in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained see if you can identify all 13 and confirm them wit the board. If not, or you're still confused, let us know and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am going to stay 3 nights from 23rd of Nov.

I found that the following areas do not offer 4* hotels ... so am I safe to add these areas for free re-bidding? Thanks!!

- Airport SEA

-Bothell

-Des Moines

-Kent

-Kirkland

-Lynnwood

-Mukilteo - South Everett

-Newcastle

-North Everett

-Seattle North - Edmonds - Mountlake Terrace

-Tukwila

-Univ of Washington - Northgate

And my max budget will be $450 / 3 nights including all fees and tax. Any suggestion on the bidding strategy will help. Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I followed the strategy and tried up to $96 but no go. I probably will try higher bid tomorrow. BTW, is there anything to do with the price shown in Hotwire bidding vs. Priceline bidding? I see that Hotwire hotels for the time frame I'm looking at shows around $120/nights (before tax).. in this case, how much (roughly) should I bid on Priceline?

I found that the following areas do not offer 4* hotels ... so am I safe to add these areas for free re-bidding? Thanks!!

- Airport SEA

-Bothell

-Des Moines

-Kent

-Kirkland

-Lynnwood

-Mukilteo - South Everett

-Newcastle

-North Everett

-Seattle North - Edmonds - Mountlake Terrace

-Tukwila

-Univ of Washington - Northgate

You do have one additional re-bid zones that is not listed above.

And my max budget will be $450 / 3 nights including all fees and tax. Any suggestion on the bidding strategy will help.

Please list your budget in terms of room rate per nite before fees/taxes.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 4* Downtown - Financial District - Pioneer Square - Stadiums hotel for $104/nite (confirm your dates on the landing page). This property only shows three amenities (Restaurant, Free Internet in public areas, Fitness Center) which are common for the area so i don't have a guess as to which one this may be, but the hotel does have a good at least 8.0/10.0 user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests, which is a positive sign.

Also, note that the Silver Cloud Stadium is located in this zone but is located near the stadium and is a bit further away from the 'downtown core' hotels. Assuming your conference is located closer to 'downtown' than the stadium, the advantage of this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is that you can pretty much eliminate the Silver Cloud Stadium as a possibility since that property currently has a user review rating of 7.7./10.0, so it falls short of the minimum threshold of the PRICELINE EXPRESS property (8.0 or better).

Given this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, do you want to take this one at $104, or if you continue bidding, how high would you be willing to go given the 4* hotel in this zone which can be purchased at $104/nite? (and this is still well within your budget as it comes in at $384/nite all-in)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your incredibly valuable comments. I can't believe you can help me this far... I will definitely use your link to keep this site rolling. BTW, I saw from the hotel list that Silver Cloud Stadium is excluded if I bid on Downtown - Pike Place (where my conference happens). If there is even a small chance to get this hotel then I will just go with your suggestion. otherwise, I think I can bid on 4* Downtown - Pike Place until I hit a total of around $370 (all-in) and then just go with Express (your link) if my offer still is not accepted. Thanks again!

I will bid on 4* hotel at Seattle, WA area and I must pick a hotel from "Downtown - Financial District - Pioneer Square" area... (attending a conference on this area)

So to confirm you're not bidding the 'Downtown - Financial District - Pioneer Square' zone (as indicated above) but rather will be bidding the 'Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center' zone?

If this is correct, there should be no fear of ending up by the Stadium as PRICELINE guarantees that the hotel will be within the boundaries of the zone(s) that you include in your bidding. So if you only bid the Pike Place zone, and don't include the Stadium zone... then you won't win the Silver Cloud Stadium since it is not located in of the zone(s) that you included in your bidding.

Does that make clearer?

When you previous bid up to $96/nite, which zone was it that you were bidding on? I'm somewhat familiar with Seattle... where exactly is your conference?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]